Heli Bar Risers s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleT

Reaction score
Hi Guys any one fitted the Heli Bar Risers on the S1000 and do they work
dont want to spend £350 fitted if they dont do the job.
Thanks Neil. :) :) :)

Done a few (2500 miles) trips on mine and track days
Of I bought another bike I would pay the same again without hesitation

They are a set of clip ons that are more straight than standard so your wrists don't ache
Looking at my bike in isolation they look standard , they still sit under the bottom yoke are well made
Considering the subtle difference the changes they make to the riding position is massive
I waited ages before I bought them as I didn't think they would make much difference for the cost , but as I said it makes big miles no problem

Are you 5' 10'' or over Bob / Neil ?

They sound like a good idea if one suffers from aching wrists, is it only tall/larger riders that suffer from aching wrists?

Phil

Hi Bob / Phil
I am just under 6ft but its not my wrists what hurt its my palms across in line with my
thumbs,also what a good forum this is, the best one I have found, also just by chance
met stingray at vines south london and his son both top geezers. :) :) :)
Also I use grip puppies they make big difference,
Neil.

Hi guys just got the helibars delivered today being fitted in a couple of weeks, and I will
let you all know how I get on with them.(fat Bob talked me into it) :) :) :) :) thanks Neil.

here's a pic of my bike with the bars on doc

ff6bfa16.jpg

Thanks for the pic,can't wait to have them fitted Im sure this is going to cure the problem
or my b------s are going to be on the line.the wife thinks they only cost £125 !!! :) :) ;D

The true price for the bars was £270 delivered from bykbitz in Yateley Hampshire. they offered
the best price,and Bahnstormer want about £70 for the fitting (BARGAIN) having a service also
they said did I want the bill with lube or without !!!!! wondering what they ment :-\ :-\

This is the big update,would of let you guys know wednesday but tuesday night hard drive on the
computer packed up just got it back today.
Well Fatbob was spot on it was like riding home on a K1300s superb the bars were worth every penny
also had the BMW taller screen, so much more comfortable and easy to ride, I found I seemed to be riding
a bit quicker also easier when looking behind. :) :) :) :) ;D SO A BIG THANKS TO FATBOB :-*

Back