Insurance Q&A

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines due next week. So far its mce (again) for 197 but 1500 excess or bmw direct for 303 and 600 excess. Will try bemoto before i commit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seems everyone i speak to say mce are doing monster excesses. You can take out a cover insurance which yakes care of excess but that then brings it in line with every other quote

Agreed mate. Unless a write off most small claims ure less than the excess

I'm 27, one years no claims and I'm paying around 1k for the year.

As you may know I had a bit of a tumble last month and when I was looking at making a claim I checked to see
What insurance would be with no no claims bonus.

They would want 7k next year to insurance me, ended fixing it my self!

Paid the 197 last night for insurance and had a stern talking to myself to not come off!!

Mce's excesses are ridiculous at the moment my Bro got quoted 300 for his rsv4 with a 1500 excess, shocking ! they must have had some amount of claims this year and are trying to get there money back.

That's a terrifying number P0u1 7k!!! I might check today and see what I get quoted without no claims.

Last edited:
Agrred on excess so o just took another policy out for excess.
There are so truley horrible quotes
9bef69f63ac20cfddb6e9a770c1d2329.jpg
check this comparrsion and this id 3rd party

Yeah ?197 fc seemed a good deal in the end 😂

Just bumping this up as doing a bit of research now I’ve bought the bike lol, always the way.

Anyways, have the GSXR750 insured with Carole Nash. Will have my 2nd year no claim bonus in June this year. Phoned them up for a simple change of bike,can’t insure the RR lol.
Means I have to cancel my policy and start the 2nd year from scratch, but on the plus side they could offer me a policy for ?1100!

Done a bit of shopping round and seems the 2nd year NCD would really have helped. Either way I’ve got it down to ?437 with the 1year NCD with MCE. Not my first choice but they’ll have to do.

Just to add for anyone else 34yo, 2 and a half years riding, garaged, datatagged and disclocked.

Just bumping this up as doing a bit of research now I’ve bought the bike lol, always the way.

Anyways, have the GSXR750 insured with Carole Nash. Will have my 2nd year no claim bonus in June this year. Phoned them up for a simple change of bike,can’t insure the RR lol.
Means I have to cancel my policy and start the 2nd year from scratch, but on the plus side they could offer me a policy for ?1100!

Done a bit of shopping round and seems the 2nd year NCD would really have helped. Either way I’ve got it down to ?437 with the 1year NCD with MCE. Not my first choice but they’ll have to do.

Just to add for anyone else 34yo, 2 and a half years riding, garaged, datatagged and disclocked.

I don't think ?437 at all bad given you've only been riding a couple of years

Re: Insurance Q&A

I don't think ?437 at all bad given you've only been riding a couple of years

I agree with Mac...thats a great premium for the length of time riding..I think that was a similar premium to me this year... and I got my 1st bike in 1979 lol.

I still remember the reg...KDS 750V.. I loved my TS50..wouldn't pull your tool out...but still a big step up from a Raleigh Grifter...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did you try bemoto?

I did yes, they were the first I tried but unfortunately needed the full 2 years NCD before they could consider me.

Im happy enough with the price I got anyways, though I’m away with work now and not going to get out on the bike until the beginning of March! Going to be a long 4 weeks!

Back