Insurance Q&A

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprisingly enough Im awaiting a call back from BeMoto insurance in the morning regarding a quote (24 y.o. 6 years no claims - yet Devitt / BMW won't provide me with a quote!)

Has anyone used the 5 days of Motorrad insurance provided on a new purchase??

Just got off the phone from Matt at BeMoto at this time of night.
Smashed the two closest quotes, including my spare 675 Daytona + helmet leathers, legal & eu breakdown cover.

Thumbs up from me very personal experience

Surprisingly enough Im awaiting a call back from BeMoto insurance in the morning regarding a quote (24 y.o. 6 years no claims - yet Devitt / BMW won't provide me with a quote!)

Nah they wouldnt cover me Westy...their not that interested if youve any points

Sent from Galaxy S7

Just got off the phone from Matt at BeMoto at this time of night.
Smashed the two closest quotes, including my spare 675 Daytona + helmet leathers, legal & eu breakdown cover.

Thumbs up from me very personal experience

Sounds like good service, think I'll try them for a quote come renewal time

Surprisingly enough Im awaiting a call back from BeMoto insuran

I used the 5 day insurance when I bought mine in May. Very straight forward and no hassle to sey up.

I got a shock when I went to insure the BMW. The underiter I was insured with through carol Nash wouldn't quote for it. Ended up canceling policy I had for 3 bikes, to insure bmw, and starting a new policy for the Sp1 and guzzi without no claims.

S1k insurance seems to be a bit of a nightmare!

Carol Nash were expensive for me too. I upgraded my existing policy and it worked out at the annual equivalent of about ?850.
I'm 51
10 years no claims and my 3 points for SP30 were over 5 years ago.
I do have my GSXR 750 insured too, but that's only worth about ?4K.
Total excess ?500 on the RR and ?300 on the Suzuki.

I didn't have time to do too much checking. MCE wanted ?750, but that was with an excess of over ?1,000 (?1,200 IIRC) AND they would not cover extras, even dealer fit options!

Great video - have to say that I rang Bennetts and they took time to understand the situation before quoting. Like BeMoto they appeared to humanise the process, and I know that my heavily modified bike is fully insured.

Did you tell them about everything, paint ect.
Getting mine painted in november and was wondering how much its going to put my cost up. Also did u tell dvla??

Yea i suppose haha didnt no whether you was supposed to tell them youve changed it abit

Massive bump here for positive dealings with BeMoto for the second time
My dad reinsured and saved ?70 :)

He's with the same insurance company too! AXA Titanium Cover ... Better value then the titanium full system I last had ;)

Ive just had a renewal quote for my previous bike gsr750 through the post. ?136 for the year, i pay ?133 per month for my bmw. Sickening but still glad ive got it

I know i got quoted ?600 so paid it online and went and picked the bike up then they rang me later that day to say they couldnt do it for that price cos ive never had a bike that powerful before. Rang around and all the prices came up roughly the same.

b@#tards mate , I am ?340 a year , 32 years old , 8years ncd, ban on licence (speeding), 4000 miles per year, fully comp.

I know i got quoted ?600 so paid it online and went and picked the bike up then they rang me later that day to say they couldnt do it for that price cos ive never had a bike that powerful before. Rang around and all the prices came up roughly the same.

That's exactly the same as what I pay. If you don't mind who are you insured with now? Ive noticed two substantial factors in my quotes, address & value of the bike.

I'm:

24 y.o.
6years nc
8k / year inc commuting
Fully ticked optioned 66 plate
3 Points just under 4 years ago

Last edited:
Right choice insurance haha
28 yo
Only 2 years no claims, lost 10 months as my previous insurer refused to insure the bmw.
3 points
10 plate with no mods listed

b@#tards mate , I am ?340 a year , 32 years old , 8years ncd, ban on licence (speeding), 4000 miles per year, fully comp.

Who's that with DL84?

Carole Nash have given me the best quote so far (all others were about 50% more) - ~?500.
I'm 47, SP50 (about a year ago), one claim in my far from about 3 years ago when my car got hit when parked - they drove off.

Back