New Fireblade

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres only 500 homologation models. SP2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooled up I bet they are closer to 30k with the race packs installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be getting one of those then
i'll certainly be arranging a test ride at CJ Ball for the new GSXR and the SP or base model blade though

Fingers crossed the SP is not too expensive, but then it's only money I have a spare kidney I can sell

although it's still go to be better than the S1000rr to tempt me

probably a stupid question but what's the BHP on this? the link says 10 more but how much was the last one?

probably a stupid question but what's the BHP on this? the link says 10 more but how much was the last one?

"Peak power is now a claimed 189bhp @ 12,500rpm, with peak torque of 81.79ftlb @ 10,500rpm."

I like it...I hope it looks as good in the flesh, would be good to compare it to my 2010 RR with a road test, then test a 2016 S1000RR as I have not ridden another RR since buying mine. Have they changed much?

Last edited:
I like it...I hope it looks as good in the flesh, would be good to compare it to my 2010 RR with a road test, then test a 2016 S1000RR as I have not ridden another RR since buying mine. Have they changed much?

which? if you mean the 16rr compared to the 10rr then yes. there like night and day. power,handling,equipment basically its a totally different bike but looks similar. :) i have a fully prepped track 11 plate and my standard road bike would be quicker on track imo.

which? if you mean the 16rr compared to the 10rr then yes. there like night and day. power,handling,equipment basically its a totally different bike but looks similar. :) i have a fully prepped track 11 plate and my standard road bike would be quicker on track imo.
Yes mate, I meant the 16RR, I will have to test ride one to compare the 2 but hate to say it, I think I need a change.

Yes mate, I meant the 16RR, I will have to test ride one to compare the 2 but hate to say it, I think I need a change.

it will be like a change but still familiar. once you've played with the blipper your sign on the dotted line.lol

2017 Fireblade thoughts

Been looking at the 2017 Fireblade on youtube, undecided on the looks, but it looks like Honda have gone the full spec with the electronics.

The SP2 version looks like a race bike with lights on as has a modified engine, but only 500 being made so no doubt will be purchased by collectors to make some money in the long term.

I know its still not the same power as the BM but looks like Honda will no doubt be up there in the group tests next year.

Yeah its going to be a good bike, think they (and others) are missing a trick not fitting cruise and heated grips to the latest litre tackle, it would cost bugger all but that plus the comfortable (for a sportsbike) riding position makes BM still stands out as the best do it all, which matters a lot imo for those of us who mainly use our bikes on the road.

The base Fireblade has been shown at the Milan show...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...r/honda-cbr1000rr-fireblade-eicma-milan-2016/

aeda95ce3c8554c06a5aba1eeaec21e3.jpg

Back