New Fireblade

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree. He summarised with the electronics are "on par" and the handling is "on par". For 19500 I would want something that moves the game forward. It also didn't sound like the power has really moved from the older blade.

It will be a great, fun bike, like riding any of the modern 1000's in isolation. Is it better, I don't think so. in which case I'd save some money and get a Spec'd Sthou'

Completely agree. He summarised with the electronics are "on par" and the handling is "on par". For 19500 I would want something that moves the game forward. It also didn't sound like the power has really moved from the older blade.

It will be a great, fun bike, like riding any of the modern 1000's in isolation. Is it better, I don't think so. in which case I'd save some money and get a Spec'd Sthou'

Yes agree with you, it's a catch up bike, I suspect it will be the next generation of the S1000RR which moves the game on again..

even Mc Pint says it "seems to have more power". What dose that even mean.lol. If i was buying one i would want to see them shaking there head in dis-believement at how fast it is.

I have a feeling this may be the last Fireblade. This is Honda's first go with the electronics package on a bike that even John Mcguiness let slip is the same. This gives them something that people will go out and buy. if they just slapped a 17 plated on what is a 2012 blade up against a used 2015 S1000RR or R1 then they would lose out massively on sales as it isn't really in the same league in terms of its offering and value.

My suspicion is they are developing and want to release a road going RCV213 (that's not 150 grand haha) but for whatever reason they didn't feel it was ready. They get to test some of the unknowns out with the electronics and assess feedback from Joe Public before launching a new platform.

even Mc Pint says it "seems to have more power". What dose that even mean.lol. If i was buying one i would want to see them shaking there head in dis-believement at how fast it is.

I like the fact that they are "brushing of the cobwebs" but seem to have a clear idea that the bike is different. I only changed my bike over 2 weeks ago and haven't ridden since then. I can tell you I have completely forgotten how the old one handled haha.

Japanese have let themselves down on spec and pricing.

Game set and match to the likes of BMW and Ducati.

Back