Dunlop 212 GP Pro rears delaminating - any other examples please?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmallmanA

Reaction score
I had a cracking three days at Anglesey this weekend (on my GSX-R mind) but for a second time a Dunlop 212 GP Pro delaminated. Worse, another rider had exactly the same. So that's three rears that have torn away dangerously (almost down to the carcass) at the point where the softer compound is. The common factor is that they are French made on the week 25 (17 June) 2013. I suspect a batch production problem but they are still on sale. I attach photographs (featuring both tyres) and will be reporting this to Dunlop. I'm keen to know if anyone else has had this issue. *Adam

IMG_2892.JPGIMG_2893.JPGIMG_2894.JPGIMG_2895.JPG

Ive run 212s for last 3 yrs and i havnt seen it and not heard of any others either

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I didn't know that 3 year old tyres would still be on sale Adam, any time I have bought Pirrellis or Metzelers from my local tyre place they are only a few months old at the longest.

Hope you get an explanation from Dunlop, not what you want happening at any time.

JimmyMac

Dunlop

I've seen this a few times on both Dunlop 212 GP Pro tyres and KR slicks. Your best option is to go back to the retailer that supplied you with the tyres and request a replacement. You can also try contacting Dunlop directly but by all accounts their returns process is fairly lengthy and can take quite some time.

I have not seen in any D212 this kind of wear. I use them for the track and the road (Greece hot:beguiled::tennis:).

Dunlop

You could also try giving Parkitt Racing a call on 01777 851095. They have dealt with Dunlop regarding this issue before and may be able to advise.

Welcome comments - many thanks. Have form letter from Dunlop that clearly aims to make it as painful as possible. Disappointing.

Back