HP4 UK DVLA Numbers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/bmw_hp4

According to the data there are now only 399 HP4s in the UK. A decline of 12 from the previous quarter, oops lol. A downward trend that will inevitably continue for some time me thinks. Interesting the big increase in sorn bikes, so either track or collectors?

Could potentially of been 397 had stu not been so good at off roading and malic not throwing his down that big drop (gasp). In a way its good news as the fewer available surely means a higher value for the owners?

According to the data there are now only 399 HP4s in the UK. A decline of 12 from the previous quarter, oops lol. A downward trend that will inevitably continue for some time me thinks. Interesting the big increase in sorn bikes, so either track or collectors?
And i reckon a fair few of those are in Hampshire i know of 4 including mine !

I saw 2 a loomies yesterday and 1 at barnstormers although it could of been the same one at both 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15% of this number should tell how many carbons are left, going by the law of averages around 60 in UK.

JimmyMac

If I had 7k lying around I would buy that for spares

Based on recent form that would be a canny investment. ;)

BvG bought a cat d when he knew the owner, the crash and the dealer, all very well, and knew the bike was mechanically and structurally sound.

Depends on why it's a cat d and if you can trust the seller. A forum member nearly bought a cat d hp4 a year or so ago. He didn't because it turned out the bike had previously belonged to another forum member, and the stories didn't match about the accident/damage and mileage. With something like a motorbike I personally wouldn't buy a cat d to ride.

Cat ds are just light superficial. To the point some insurance companys dont even register them. I was knocked off my r1 on the m3 motorway. The bike slid and ended up 2 fairing panels (carbon) damaged, a rear set (gilles) and a scratch on the swing arm. They cat d it and gave me 4k. It cost me 400 quid to put back to perfect condition. To this day it doesnt show up on any hpi checks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha canny investment.... not bad Soof.... you make a valid point ref the Cat D tho ..but I think it would make a great track bike..or think of the plastics...engine...swing arm... exhaust... got to be worth 7k

stuarts phone

Last edited:
I think if you're looking for a TD bike with DDC then it's cool. But I'm not sure how many are. However if you already have a HP4 and can keep the plastics, exhaust, rearsets, levers, DDC, switchgear etc for spares then that's a canny investment.

Is 15% going off production figures? Is that uk or globally?

Globally Soof, it was the figure quoted prior to them going on sale, during the ordering period. I was quoted this figure by Williams and in Orlando where the HP4 Carbon is called the HP4 Competition.

JimmyMac

Baron bought a cat d... Hmmm

- Sent from Mobile

Alex, I bought a cat D HP4 a couple of winters ago to fiddle with over the cold spell, I can honestly say I would have had no qualms about keeping it and using it at all. My dad used to be the transport manager for a large recovery company that stored and auctioned off virtually every written off vehicle in the UK, for over 20 years all my cars were Cat D and I never had a problem with any. In actual fact my current works Landrover was a stolen recovered CatD and it has been driven for 230,000 miles now since I got it in 2001 with 12,000 on the clock.

?7k seems very, very cheap though?

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Jimmy I've no issue with the CatD. I just see that specific bike as more valuable to an existing HP4 owner.

- Sent from Mobile

Back