Slick Mode and track day advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol... thought that would give you a laugh, beleive me I'm a well balanced individual but he and I were in the wrong place at the wrong time Loupe..

I did two 20 minute sessions on Sunday before the heavens opened again and managed to stay on track woohoo!
I also met another forum member Simon who has the same bike as myself.
I packed up soon after and I think he was the same.

All for the experience Loupe, had a look round at some of the lads bikes they were mainly proper track bikes, all of a sudden that appealed to me, an inexpensive machine, a wee trailer and load up the Shogun with some petrol cans and grub...sounds just the ticket for the future.

I never considered if you bin your ride how do you get home, there was also loads of people there who came for the weekend, met an older guy Bruce from Aberdeen riding a Triumph Triple, he had a caravan etc.. shower and a bed in it !... heres me turning up with two bob in my pocket, wet and miserable.

I never realised theres a whole different world in there with these guy's..... really appealing.

Last edited:
It has been a rubbish month or two for weather. I rode from Leeds to Norwich Saturday in heavy rain (on K3 RR's ;) ). So much fun. My girlfriend questioned "why do you bother riding in the UK?!" I had no answer.

Weather has been really poor Alex

Back