Slick Mode and track day advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightmare, was gonna come up but weather was shit. It's better now , too late now though.

What a day of rain and more rain, 7 bikes in total went down so confidence wasn't inspired when I finally went out.
Managed 2 slow laps then session was stopped after a bike came off the corner I slid on last time.
Went out again an hour later but only for another 2 laps before session was stopped again with another bike down,met Stu briefly as we were leaving and will hopefully see him tomorrow.
Not the best day but I'm going to cheer myself up with a steak and a bottle of wine

Shame to read that loupe but it is all experience and you kept it upright this time out, so the steak and wine will no doubt be enjoyed. Good luck for tomorrow. ;)

Thanks Soof,yes all experience and fingers crossed its better tomorrow.
The fast group on wets were superb to watch!

Did you pay upfront Stu?
Aye Maz 220 bangers... went to the track today spoke to the bird at the desk.. if I cancelled tomorrow i get a 50pc credit to another track day...fair enough I guess.. I was totally fucked off this morning.. pishing with rain.. ive knocked my pan in in work last 3 weeks and it was just what I needed and it never happened.

Anyhow met Loupe for 5 mins... bought a nice leather BMW jacket from Dalkeith; met Jimmy Mac and had a cracking indian he recommended so the moto is if your havng a shite day surround yourself with good people have good scran and buy yourself something you dont really need !..

stuarts phone

Last edited:
God sake. That's the shit bit about paying upfront. Weather is so unpredictable it's just a pure gamble Ye take with getting a space and risking the rain.
50 notes is better than nothing tho

Wet Trackday

Riding on track in the wet really isn't all that bad. It's simply a case of being smooth and progressive with the throttle and when braking keeping the bike as stable as possible. You will be surprised at the level of grip you can find in the wet and using RAIN mode certainly helps matters.

What a day of rain and more rain, 7 bikes in total went down so confidence wasn't inspired when I finally went out.
Managed 2 slow laps then session was stopped after a bike came off the corner I slid on last time.
Went out again an hour later but only for another 2 laps before session was stopped again with another bike down,met Stu briefly as we were leaving and will hopefully see him tomorrow.
Not the best day but I'm going to cheer myself up with a steak and a bottle of wine
Don't waste any more money Loupe. Book up a week in Spain and have some quality track time.

Not wrong there Marzy, few lads I caught up with were at Almeria and have said to join them next time.
Ill put the planning permission in to SWMBO and cross my fingers for a green light.

Not wrong there Marzy, few lads I caught up with were at Almeria and have said to join them next time.
Ill put the planning permission in to SWMBO and cross my fingers for a green light.
:motorcyclesmilie:

I'm off to Donington tomorrow and guess what, rain is predicted, hopefully an odd shower...

Can't wait for Mugello in August, and Almeria in November.

It has been a rubbish month or two for weather. I rode from Leeds to Norwich Saturday in heavy rain (on K3 RR's ;) ). So much fun. My girlfriend questioned "why do you bother riding in the UK?!" I had no answer.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed you'll get a good run out tomorrow, I was out on my bike for 6 hours yesterday doing a lap of the Peak District and despite the changeable forecast didn't get rained on at all

I can remember about 3 years ago I took the family to the Algarve in October for a week holiday at the same time some of the lads from here were booked in at Portimao for a 3 day trackday, I was ever so slightly jealous. However, the rain on the first day they were out was biblical, and it showered every day thereafter. I think they all had a great time anyway but it does demonstrate you can get bad weather anywhere. I am defo going to be booking some winter sun TDs later this year once I have got a few other things out of the way.

Weekend was a real washout, for me anyhow...

Loupe and his mate Kenny made the most of it and I never mainly due to my foul mood, so I am feeling a bit of a humbug, I totally spat the dummy out when I got up on Satruday morning and it WRECKED MY weekend !..

Anyhow a wee laugh, so making the most of the Saturday as documented earlier, I planned to go to Knockhill in my car and see Loupe, and en-route drop some body panels off to Jimmy Mac, I decided to go to Motorrad Dalkeith as part of my plan B, bearing in mind I'm in a car on a rainy day and I should be on a bike on a sunny day !..

So heading along the Edinburgh City Bypass, following my sat nav I pulled off at a slip and came to a junction, I could turn right or left and I was uncertain as to which direction, even my co-pilot was unsure.

THEN IT HAPPENED..........a blast on a horn from an irate black 4 series BMW driver behind us, I had inconvenienced him for maybe a few seconds till we took a guess at which direction to head in.......yup I completely freaked and took my anger out on Mr unfortunate, before I knew it I was hanging out my window shouting all sorts at this guy... he quickly put his hands up gesticulating "everything was cool at his end"..... I must have looked like one of one of the Glasgow neds hanging out a house window shouting obscenities at some innocent passer by... yes I'm thoroughly ashamed of my actions.... I'm sure some of you will be appalled at this, but I did have good reason (in my own head)..

Anyways we had a real laugh after the event, I put my sunglasses back on, they had banged off the headcloth/roof of my car as I craned my neck and body round to see Mr impatient and they were compeletely bent out of shape and sitting all squint on my face, lol... what a day !

Last edited:
Lol that's made my day!
I'll bet the guys heart sank when you saw you never mind being irate too :distress:

Back