DDC Removal anyone done it?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smemly

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm sure this question has been asked a few times on here but a quick search come up with nothing. Have any of you had experience with the removal of the DDC from the 2015+ S1000RR. I've bought myself some K-tech goodies to replace it and wondered if it flags an alarm when it's disconnected?

Cheers

DDC Removal

When you remove the DDC system the bike will display a fault code and warn visually of an issue on the dash. You will need to take the bike back to BMW to remove the warning and clear the fault code from the ECU.

I guessed as much. Think i'll book it into prime factors when the bits turn up and get them to set it up and hopefully turn off the light.

Baz on here has K-Tech on a 2015...hopefully he'll spot this thread and confirm either what Ryan has said and/or add his experience.

DDC Removal

From my own experience when I removed the front forks earlier in the year I had 'DDC!' displayed on the dash and the warning light was yellow. Both warnings disappeared when the DDC system was reconnected but a fault code was still registered by the ECU and was cleared during the annual service.

Yes,that's all correct.I fitted the ktech stuff,took it to the dealer to have the DDC disabled and came out with the fault still showing!.It seems you need to disable it whilst its all still connected(?!).Just the job if you happen to need to ride the bike home!
Consequently,mine still shows DDC(easily ignored) and the orange light is covered by a piece of black tape!

Just catching up with this. Cheers Guys it's worth knowing that the DDC alarm needs disabling before the suspension is disconnected. I assume you use your bike on track baz, hence the change?

K-tech stuff is now in my garage ready for me to organise a time to get it fitted. I've got a lull in track days now until Oct when i've got 4 days scheduled in Portimao. I've also booked 2 days instruction at the event from Simon Crafar (i witnessed his techniques in Brno recently and he's in a different league to anyone i've ever seen.) and the plan is to have the suspension dialled in for then.

Back