IAM Masters test

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, great achievement.
Training should never stop especially on the road...must book some for next year.

- Sent from Mobile

Been toying with the idea myself alex. Congrates mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice one gixer.

I got on the F1RST register when I did my IAM to do blood biking a few years ago. That's enough for me :).

Did the knee down i2i course today and all I can say is it worked. Knee pucks don't seem to last very long though :(.

Nice one gixer.

I got on the F1RST register when I did my IAM to do blood biking a few years ago. That's enough for me :).

Did the knee down i2i course today and all I can say is it worked. Knee pucks don't seem to last very long though :(.

Knee down i2i course, what's that soof?

http://www.i2imca.com

Different approach to motorcycle training, lots of theory and practical drills to improve control and inputs. Tom was excellent. Objective was full bike corner control resulting in how to get the knee down correctly, why to do it, when to do it, what the bike is doing, what the tyres are doing (cones/cylinders), forces etc. At first I thought it was a bit basic but found after a while that the dots all joined up. Really good because it built up over the morning from learning how to ride without using your hands at all, just body, to eventually learning the correct body position and knee position etc. Six in the group, one didn't turn up. Use of the i2i bike for the course. I asked to use my hp4 for the last two sessions so I could get the positioning on my bike correct, which Tom was cool with. Destroyed my sliders. Everyone came away smiling. Nothing quite like dragging your knee round in figures of eight for fun :).

Huge bonus one of the venues is 15 minutes away from me, go past it every week and never noticed it. A friend did it a couple of months ago and posted a video of him scraping the Tarmac which got me on to it.

Highly recommended if you want to move your skills on further and understand more about the bike, cornering technique and inputs. I've done a few training days but this one filled in some blanks I had never been taught about.

Nice one. Glad you found it good. I really enjoyed the i2imca MC1/3/5 courses. Will do knee down next year as I couldn't make any dates this time around.

- Sent from Mobile

Nice one gixer.

That is an achievement in itself. Aligns roughly to a ROSPA gold. Not 100% where masters is but it's the Advanced police test but sticking to legal speeds at all times.

That is an achievement in itself. Aligns roughly to a ROSPA gold. Not 100% where masters is but it's the Advanced police test but sticking to legal speeds at all times.

Cheers :). TBH I didn't know anything about the F1RST register until the examiner told me at the end of the test session, I was just pleased to have passed it. Be interested to know the main differences between standard and masters IAM levels?

http://www.i2imca.com

Different approach to motorcycle training, lots of theory and practical drills to improve control and inputs. Tom was excellent. Objective was full bike corner control resulting in how to get the knee down correctly, why to do it, when to do it, what the bike is doing, what the tyres are doing (cones/cylinders), forces etc. At first I thought it was a bit basic but found after a while that the dots all joined up. Really good because it built up over the morning from learning how to ride without using your hands at all, just body, to eventually learning the correct body position and knee position etc. Six in the group, one didn't turn up. Use of the i2i bike for the course. I asked to use my hp4 for the last two sessions so I could get the positioning on my bike correct, which Tom was cool with. Destroyed my sliders. Everyone came away smiling. Nothing quite like dragging your knee round in figures of eight for fun :).

Huge bonus one of the venues is 15 minutes away from me, go past it every week and never noticed it. A friend did it a couple of months ago and posted a video of him scraping the Tarmac which got me on to it.

Highly recommended if you want to move your skills on further and understand more about the bike, cornering technique and inputs. I've done a few training days but this one filled in some blanks I had never been taught about.
I was booked with i2i last week to do Machine Control 3 at Bovingdon. Guess what Tom never turned up, didn't answer his phone or reply to any emails. A whole week later and I have head nothing back since and no word of an apology. All phone calls and emails have gone unanswered. A whole group of bikers taken a day off work, travelled considerable distances etc and let down and ripped off. I have taken this up with PayPal to try and get my money back. I will never use them again. This is a real shame as I did MC1 and as others quote Tom is an amazing instructor and the course was the best I've ever been on. I enjoyed MC1 so much I booked MC3 as above, along with a track day in Norfolk on 3rd July and a knee down course in York in September. I have requested a refund for these last two courses as I will need to book a hotel for them and I can't trust Tom to show up. I'm gutted as I really was looking forward to them but he will never see a penny of my money ever again.

I'm doing my masters at the moment but struggling to get to the standard to pass but it is work in progress. My score has improved with each ride but a long way to go. My hat goes off to you Gixxer in getting a first, that is an excellent achievement you should take a lot of pride in. I got a first in the car and just want to pass the bike with a standard.

I was booked with i2i last week to do Machine Control 3 at Bovingdon. Guess what Tom never turned up, didn't answer his phone or reply to any emails. A whole week later and I have head nothing back since and no word of an apology. All phone calls and emails have gone unanswered. A whole group of bikers taken a day off work, travelled considerable distances etc and let down and ripped off. I have taken this up with PayPal to try and get my money back. I will never use them again. This is a real shame as I did MC1 and as others quote Tom is an amazing instructor and the course was the best I've ever been on. I enjoyed MC1 so much I booked MC3 as above, along with a track day in Norfolk on 3rd July and a knee down course in York in September. I have requested a refund for these last two courses as I will need to book a hotel for them and I can't trust Tom to show up. I'm gutted as I really was looking forward to them but he will never see a penny of my money ever again.

That sounds totally out of order, and totally at odds with my experience. I know he relies on FB a lot, have you tried posting on his page to get a response?

Yep you will see my angry post on Facebook. It is at odds with my first experience but the latter one has been nothing short of disgraceful. I am more gutted as I really wanted to do the courses and knew I would benefit greatly from them, as I did with MC1. What annoys me the most is if at least he contacted the customers for the day he never showed and offered an apology. I swapped numbers with the guys on the day to keep in touch over the issue and he never contacted any of them. He could have at least answered his phone on the morning of the course to say he couldn't make it. His silence has been childish.

I hope he gets in touch with you, I dont use FB much, Tom told us he does :). So weird though. He did say that he was having no end of issues with some venues messing him around months after he had booked people in for sessions which he was getting really pissed off about and it was messing everyone about, but that doesnt explain the lack of communication with you guys which frankly is unacceptable.

We all waited around for nearly 30 minutes on Saturday for the 6th person to arrive (who didnt show up) before starting the course, Tom wasn't exactly rushing us through and seemed to enjoy taking the time to work with each of us (inbetween teas and chatting a lot as those boys from the emerald isle tend to do :) ). I pass the York venue on plenty of occasions, if I'm passing when there is something and I have a spare 5 I will drop in :).

I'm doing my masters at the moment but struggling to get to the standard to pass but it is work in progress. My score has improved with each ride but a long way to go. My hat goes off to you Gixxer in getting a first, that is an excellent achievement you should take a lot of pride in. I got a first in the car and just want to pass the bike with a standard.
Hi Richy. Soof got the first on the Advanced test. I got a pass on the Masters test. Which are you doing?

Congratulations on your test pass Gixxer

At ?129 (?) I reckon it would be a bit exclusive.
The 129 got me around 12 hours of intensive on road coaching from a Class 1 police rider, as well as theory discussions as well. Cost per hour was definitely worth it.

Cheers :). TBH I didn't know anything about the F1RST register until the examiner told me at the end of the test session, I was just pleased to have passed it. Be interested to know the main differences between standard and masters IAM levels?
To Pass the standard test you need a safe ride showing you follow roadcraft.
To get a first the ride needs to be of a high standard with a good balance of safety and progress. Not more than 2 I think scores below a 1. This puts you at ROSPA silver/gold standard.
The masters needs you to do all the above on a 90 minute ride, make good progress at any opportunity, whilst being safe, courteous and remaining within the law at all times. This all takes place on roads you don't know with a Police class 1 rider up your chuff who at times will put themselves out of position to see if you adjust to where they are, or if you continue to ride your own ride. It is supposedly the closest a non police officer can get to a class 1 certificate :smug::cool:

Back