Hepco + Becker Sportrad and Kriega Luggage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julestys

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Hepco & Becker Sportrack for my 2016 bike
With the plan to add my Kriega US20 and US10 ready for my trip to Assen next week.
Has anyone else tried this combo as I am struggling to see how best to fix with existing fixing loops (that used to under the seat of previous bike)

I am not familiar with your setup but the pillion seat has 4 loops available on its underside if you haven't spotted them already / that helps?

I have just purchased a Hepco & Becker Sportrack for my 2016 bike
With the plan to add my Kriega US20 and US10 ready for my trip to Assen next week.
Has anyone else tried this combo as I am struggling to see how best to fix with existing fixing loops (that used to under the seat of previous bike)

Do your Kriega bags use the alloy hooks? Mine are pre 2012 and don't. I run the Kriega straps through the middle and rear holes of the Sport rack and then underneath the rack. I also recommend a piece of wonder web under the Kriega bags as the finish on the Sportrack is painted and it's not that durable.

Just used exactly that set up last week for the TT. I'm using the alloy hooks that come with the brown straps that fix onto the slats on the rack. It was brilliant, I never used anything under the bags and the paint looks unmarked , wouldn't do any harm to put something under it though.

I am not familiar with your setup but the pillion seat has 4 loops available on its underside if you haven't spotted them already / that helps?

Earlier models did, but newer models just have the rear 2 loops. The indentations for the front loops are still there, and the Kriega straps can be run through those indentations.

I've just bought one too,seems to be best option for carrying my Kriega luggage. Mine use the alloy hooks so the mounting loops will fit straight into the holes on the rack. Only need to pick up lock and barrel from the dealers and all good for trip up west coast Scotland.

So I have a H&B plate and the guy that owned it before me drilled 4 holes for his Kriega pack... I'll post a picture as it might give food for thought. You'll have to excuse the extension plate.

36a9f32541451a61d3e04aade1d3c98a.jpg

132d1be1df241e8726e3484690269228.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

Here is how I attached my Kriega, I used the straps underneath so they were through the side slots and then secure the Kriega using the later style aluminium alloy hooks......works well.

For my trip to the TT I used a larger Givi 40L roll bag to give me some more storage capacity....

Last edited:
RRoss,

i am looking to buy the Kriega us 10 tail pack for my 2016 RR i have no passenger seat just the plastic cowl. will the Kriega straps fit underneath and attatch the bag no ptoblem ? i am offshore just now so i cant go to the garage ands rip off my cowl and look at my bike,

any help appreicated

Cheers
Chris

The seat cowl isn't flat so the bag wouldn't sit right if it's full,and you'd probably damage the cowl and they're not cheap. Better option would be to buy the Kriega tank adapter and carry the us10 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from a weekend in Applecross up west Scotland. Cannot praise the Hepco and Becker sport rack enough. My Kriega us30 attaches securely with ease and there's still space for some forum advertising lol
0d49c93aa7826f81ef5c093fa8762724.jpg

Hi all, I've bought the Hepco & Becker Sportrack but it says to use the bikes existing locking mechanism. I've taken my seat cowl off and it looks like the lock housing is plastic welded to the seat cowl. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm off to Wales on Thursday so need a quick solution before then

The lock doesn?t come out the seat cowl,only the seat pad if you have one. You need to get barrel from BMW and have them code it to your key,or do the coding yourself if you know how.

Yeah I've already got the barrel, but it says to use the existing housing also, so do I need to buy a housing for the seat pad to use instead?

All the parts I needed came with the rack,only bit I remember needing was a coded barrel then it slots in. Have you got a photo of what came with the rack?

Last edited:
Just had a look online and the bits needed look familiar,I must have ordered them from BMW at same time as barrel.

Ah ok, yeah I didn't realise it required it otherwise i would have done the same when i ordered the extra barrell :)
I'm hoping they have some instock at my local dealer... fingers crossed :drunk:

Back