Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotbodies undertray

Riding
    2014 S1000R

Re: Hotbodies undertray

Have you fitted LED indicators to the front too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick753 View Post
    Have you fitted LED indicators to the front too?
    No Mick, just standard ones on the front.

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

I've had a look, there isn't an option on our machine, it could be a dealer only thing..

Are you getting a warning on the dash or is it just the flash rate at fault? It would make sense to put led's on the front to match the rear..

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I've had a look, there isn't an option on our machine, it could be a dealer only thing.. Are you getting a warning on the dash or is it just the flash rate at fault? It would make sense to put led's on the front to match the rear..
    Thanks for checking Stephen. Yeah I'll put them on in time. If both are LED, would that sort it?

Just checked, the clock does say 'LAMP' on it. The hazard lights work fine also, flashing at normal speed.

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

I think, please don't quote me on this, but I think if there all led it shouldn't show an error as they'll be equal resistance? You could test the theory by plugging one of your rears in the front so one side is led?

I think, please don't quote me on this, but I think if there all led it shouldn't show an error as they'll be equal resistance? You could test the theory by plugging one of your rears in the front so one side is led?
    That's a good shout Stephen. I'll give that a go and see if it works. I'm clueless with electrics so don't understand how hazard lights run at normal speed?

Nice one hope it's good as look well

Riding
    2014 S1000R

To be honest it all depends on the LED's, by fitting LED's on the rear and standard bulbs on the front then it is highly likely that it will throw up a LAMP error on the indicators but with the BMW you can't guarantee that, most bikes when switching from bulbs to LED's generally need a resistor fitting to each indicator but I found that the Motodynamics ones that I have only need them fitted to the front ones, when i had them fitted to all none of them worked, with them fitted to the rear only then it caused errors too yet fitted to the front they are fine, I also didn't need to take my bike to BMW to get it programmed for LED indicators and yet some people even with resistors fitted have had to pay around 30 to get it done.

I think what it comes down to is the LED's themselves and how much power they draw, as I say the tolerances on the CANBUS before it throws a wobbler seem to be very low on the BMW in comparison to some of the marques.

A bit of trial and error with the resistors may help

Quote Originally Posted by Mick753 View Post
    To be honest it all depends on the LED's, by fitting LED's on the rear and standard bulbs on the front then it is highly likely that it will throw up a LAMP error on the indicators but with the BMW you can't guarantee that, most bikes when switching from bulbs to LED's generally need a resistor fitting to each indicator but I found that the Motodynamics ones that I have only need them fitted to the front ones, when i had them fitted to all none of them worked, with them fitted to the rear only then it caused errors too yet fitted to the front they are fine, I also didn't need to take my bike to BMW to get it programmed for LED indicators and yet some people even with resistors fitted have had to pay around 30 to get it done. I think what it comes down to is the LED's themselves and how much power they draw, as I say the tolerances on the CANBUS before it throws a wobbler seem to be very low on the BMW in comparison to some of the marques. A bit of trial and error with the resistors may help
    I'll ring up BMW in the morning and ask the question. If that fails I'll chuck a set on the front and see what happens then. Hopefully BMW can sort it, really can't be arsed taking anymore fairings off for a while.
    Thanks Mick