Hotbodies undertray

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted hotbodies undertray? If so, how do you sort the indicators flashing too fast? There are resistors installed but still flashing fast?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Some bikes need to have an ecu software settings change done at the dealer to correct it, otherwise having the resistors will be sufficient. If yours is still flashing too fast then it might need the dealer to plug it in and do some magic?

That's something I could do without. They would prob charge more than I paid for the undertray. Cheers mate

I'll have a look at the computer when I'm at work tomorrow and see if there's an option for indicator upgrades - if so you'll have to go to bm or a local garage with the software (I think Phillip McCallen motorcycles have it)

I'll have a look at the computer when I'm at work tomorrow and see if there's an option for indicator upgrades - if so you'll have to go to bm or a local garage with the software (I think Phillip McCallen motorcycles have it)

Yeah I've heard of him mate. Don't think he's that far away either. Cheers Stephen

They are shit fit and quality on zx10 never seen one up close on beema

They are shit fit and quality on zx10 never seen one up close on beema

Yeah heard that aswell mate, they look decent in pictures but up close may be diff. If it's crap I'll jst take it back of and put R&G back on. Was of one of the forum members on here. Looked good on his bike.

I've had a look, there isn't an option on our machine, it could be a dealer only thing..

Are you getting a warning on the dash or is it just the flash rate at fault? It would make sense to put led's on the front to match the rear..

I've had a look, there isn't an option on our machine, it could be a dealer only thing.. Are you getting a warning on the dash or is it just the flash rate at fault? It would make sense to put led's on the front to match the rear..

Thanks for checking Stephen. Yeah I'll put them on in time. If both are LED, would that sort it?

Just checked, the clock does say 'LAMP' on it. The hazard lights work fine also, flashing at normal speed.

I think, please don't quote me on this, but I think if there all led it shouldn't show an error as they'll be equal resistance? You could test the theory by plugging one of your rears in the front so one side is led?

I think, please don't quote me on this, but I think if there all led it shouldn't show an error as they'll be equal resistance? You could test the theory by plugging one of your rears in the front so one side is led?

That's a good shout Stephen. I'll give that a go and see if it works. I'm clueless with electrics so don't understand how hazard lights run at normal speed?

To be honest it all depends on the LED's, by fitting LED's on the rear and standard bulbs on the front then it is highly likely that it will throw up a LAMP error on the indicators but with the BMW you can't guarantee that, most bikes when switching from bulbs to LED's generally need a resistor fitting to each indicator but I found that the Motodynamics ones that I have only need them fitted to the front ones, when i had them fitted to all none of them worked, with them fitted to the rear only then it caused errors too yet fitted to the front they are fine, I also didn't need to take my bike to BMW to get it programmed for LED indicators and yet some people even with resistors fitted have had to pay around ?30 to get it done.

I think what it comes down to is the LED's themselves and how much power they draw, as I say the tolerances on the CANBUS before it throws a wobbler seem to be very low on the BMW in comparison to some of the marques.

A bit of trial and error with the resistors may help :)

To be honest it all depends on the LED's, by fitting LED's on the rear and standard bulbs on the front then it is highly likely that it will throw up a LAMP error on the indicators but with the BMW you can't guarantee that, most bikes when switching from bulbs to LED's generally need a resistor fitting to each indicator but I found that the Motodynamics ones that I have only need them fitted to the front ones, when i had them fitted to all none of them worked, with them fitted to the rear only then it caused errors too yet fitted to the front they are fine, I also didn't need to take my bike to BMW to get it programmed for LED indicators and yet some people even with resistors fitted have had to pay around ?30 to get it done. I think what it comes down to is the LED's themselves and how much power they draw, as I say the tolerances on the CANBUS before it throws a wobbler seem to be very low on the BMW in comparison to some of the marques. A bit of trial and error with the resistors may help :)

I'll ring up BMW in the morning and ask the question. If that fails I'll chuck a set on the front and see what happens then. Hopefully BMW can sort it, really can't be arsed taking anymore fairings off for a while.
Thanks Mick

Latest posts

Back