Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, on the FB S1000rr Owners Only (UK) page, there is a thread that a recall on the shifter rod from the lever to the quickshifter for the '15.

2 questions:

1. Would this be '15 only or Gen 3 incl '16's?

2. If you as an owner did not see information about a recall, is there anywhere that would tell you the recall issues or would they inform you via email/SMS, etc, or would it be only if you had issues, would they then carry out the work...?

(The joys of owning a new bike?)

Last edited:
BMW should notify you of any recalls by post - that's why they are a 'recall' and not a service item. First person to get a recall notice posts it up in the section you've found (hopefully).

BMW/a dealer will be best to confirm if your VIN/numberplate is subject to any recalls that have not been carried out.

When I booked in for 2nd service in April I was told then that "oh and your bike is showing as needing the recall work to be done". Never received anything in the post unless BMW had never got round to it.

As Alex says phone BMW and they'll confirm.

When I booked in for 2nd service in April I was told then that "oh and your bike is showing as needing the recall work to be done". Never received anything in the post unless BMW had never got round to it.

As Alex says phone BMW and they'll confirm.

Maybe it is down to the dealer - in which case not all are equal and if you bought the bike through some dodgy deal with BMW direct then he'll probably get nowt :D

I've always been contacted by my BMW dealership regarding any recalls. If in doubt just give any Motorrad dealership a call with your VIN or registration number and they will soon be able to check for you.

My dealer didn't contact me, I had to ask when I booked the service. Long overdue because they wouldn't send it to me so I could do it. Over an hrs journey, time fuel etc for a 5pence piece part. Should've got them to pick it up...

Back