Holidays in UK

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartH

Reaction score
As a general discussion, me, SWMBO and two dogs looking for a good coastal location in early July to hire a house/cottage, for a weeks peace n quiet.

Been looking on the net, but a recommendation from someone who has already been there saves a whole load of disappointment.....

Many thanks

Stu H
Manchester

Apologies, I read the entry again and its a bit broadbrush, we were looking at a cottage etc near the coast, quiet, with an ale house not too far away and somewhere to walk the dogs.

We initially looked at areas like North Devon, Cardigan bay in wales or Dumfries and Galloway, take the dogs on the beach

Been a busy year so time away, peace n quiet etc, doesn't have to be a palace :)

Many thanks

StuartH link=topic=794.msg7581#msg7581 date=1336415769 said:
Hi Stargirl, many thanks, like the look of this..... :)

No worries... Trev loves his bikes, they both love cars.

I would go elsewhere for a holiday with the dogs but yet to find somewhere that is this dog friendly. 200acres of farm, no livestock. secure gardens (6ft stock fencing), the only bind is it's a bitch to drive to and books up early with regulars ;D

A friend of the family owns a cottage down Devon way I think... I'll ask mum for the details and post them up.

Stargirl link=topic=794.msg7577#msg7577 date=1336414332 said:
I go every year to Dumpledale. Couldn't be more dog friendly. Dog friendly pubs... miles of empty beaches... hot tub :)

http://littledumpledale.co.uk/

forgot to say if you're interested email them as they get cancellations.

I have stayed at this place....which appears to be literally just round the corner

http://www.nashmountain.co.uk/home

Like Stargirl has said there are so many dog friendly beaches and pubs.Loads of interesting places to visit too.Got to say i used to love my holidays abroad but after now having had holidays in the UK with my 2 dogs i do enjoy these more... :) :) :)

Back