Fitting LighTech chain adjusters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
You will need 1 set of LighTech chain adjusters. 1 BMW S1000RR. 34mm Socket. Torque wrench. 10mm spanner. 4 and 5 mm allen tools. Thread lock.
Optional, rubber gloves, white grease, support for rear tyre, rubber mallet.

Remove the axle nut and place a support under the rear tyre. This will save you a load of hassle later on.

Remove the wheel spindle using the rubber mallet to assist, then remove the adjuster blocks and adjusting bolts from both sides then clean and dry the area.

Insert the LighTech retaining bolt into the adjusting bolt holes and screw in about 50% of the way.

Undo the Lightech adjuster blocks one at a time, add thread lock and refit loosely to the adjusters.

Slide the adjuster onto the swingarm from the rear and slip over the retaining bolt you fitted earlier and then tighten this bolt.

Tighten the adjuster blocks bolts to secure to the bike.

Repeat this for the other side and then turn the adjuster on the rear of the Lightech adjusters to align roughly with the wheel (still in situ if you followed the above instructions.)
Add some grease to the spindle and slide back in again again using the rubber mallet. The spindle is a tighter fit on the chain side so don't get over zealous with the mallet!
Refit the axle nut loosely without the spacing washer and turn the LighTech adjuster nut to match on both sides, this is now a doddle as it is marked in mm. Once it starts getting harder to turn it is roughly tight enough, just pull gently on the wheel to do the final few clicks. Check the sag on the chain, spinning the wheel after removing the support you used earlier to check in several places.
Tighten the axle nut, and check the chain again.
Lastly gaze on the beauty of these

Nicely done. Now go clean that chain and sprocket!!!:encouragement:

Im a bit anal when it comes to cleaning lol

Cleaner i suppose. Are they nuts holding your sprocket on? I cant make them out properly 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just a bit of a tip here.

Bit of ACF 50 on the Lightech adjuster knobs,stops them getting pitted up badly.

My knob has got pitted and rusty 😢

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back