Tank Range

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up monitoring fuel economy on sports bikes a long time ago. On track though it's quite easy to go through several tanks worth of fuel in a day.

80 in town

I find it averages 9-10miles/litre on a cruise. So in THEORY I could get upto 170 miles! But usually give up at 120.

I'm going to Donnington next month and middle part of journey is 140miles between fuel stops so I hope your theory is right lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I get around 100 miles, I would want to try and get over 130, that wold be pushing it!

140 miles today in sport and range says 19 miles left, got to be one of the most economical sports bikes on the planet .

Today riding in sport mode, cruising down south about 75mph and down to 50/60mph on some motorway, covered 305 miles with about 2 tanks of fuel (35l and probably some remain). After second fill on M6, I was working out full tank could cover distance of 199mls till empty at that pace. Didn't rev the bike over 7000rpm.
Tomorrow I'll be in France, Friday Germany, then sat Switzerland. Loving it 😁

Today riding in sport mode, cruising down south about 75mph and down to 50/60mph on some motorway, covered 305 miles with about 2 tanks of fuel (35l and probably some remain). After second fill on M6, I was working out full tank could cover distance of 199mls till empty at that pace. Didn't rev the bike over 7000rpm.
Tomorrow I'll be in France, Friday Germany, then sat Switzerland. Loving it 

Enjoy this trip..........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSb9w9AMIOs

JimmyMac

Stock 2016 bike, 99 Octane gas, 25C ambient temp, no wind, 6k miles on the chain, new tyres, 32/36 psi, 80mph on cruise control, Rain Mode, engine stopped after 212 motorway miles. Not bad for touring!

After the range estimate showed '1' (mile) it switched to '---' and ran for a further 9 miles.

The estimater was pretty good, guessing around 215 for a while before sliding down to a more cautious 205 as the tank got closer to empty (I was adding the trip value to the range value in my head as I went).

Stock 2016 bike, 99 Octane gas, 25C ambient temp, no wind, 6k miles on the chain, new tyres, 32/36 psi, 80mph on cruise control, Rain Mode, engine stopped after 212 highway miles. Not bad for touring!

After the range estimate showed '1' (mile) it switched to '---' and ran for a further 9 miles.

The estimater was pretty good, guessing around 215 for a while before sliding down to a more cautious 205 as the tank got closer to empty (I was adding the trip value to the range value in my head as I went).

My two pennies worth, I get minimum of 150 miles a tank riding hard. But it has been reflashed by someone we can't talk about. :grief:

90 miles motorway riding, followed by 50 miles nervous, non-motorway riding (following the puncture repair!) had me showing 70 miles left in reserve and took just over 10 litres :congratulatory:. 140 return trip (as above, but less nervous!) saw 11 litres in but pretty much the same reserve.

Had no idea this bike could actually be frugal but handy to know when you're stuck for getting fuel :biggrin-new:

90 miles motorway riding, followed by 50 miles nervous, non-motorway riding (following the puncture repair!) had me showing 70 miles left in reserve and took just over 10 litres :congratulatory:. 140 return trip (as above, but less nervous!) saw 11 litres in but pretty much the same reserve.

Had no idea this bike could actually be frugal but handy to know when you're stuck for getting fuel :biggrin-new:

That would have put you on course for 233 miles per tank assuming 17.5l even better than I managed! ?

Sad state of affairs when I'm riding a superbike and get excited about mpg ??

That would have put you on course for 233 miles per tank assuming 17.5l even better than I managed! ?

Sad state of affairs when I'm riding a superbike and get excited about mpg ??

Even worse, I put off the idea of the BMW for ages 'cos my commute at the time was 150 miles per day, and I didn't want to fill up 10 times a week! :eek:nthego:

Then my commute went to 120 miles a day but I thought it would be running things a bit close every day so didn't bother. :suspicion:

Then it went down to a 100 miles a day. Thought about it for a fair while, bought one, then immediately ended up working from home!!! :biggrin-new:

My mate was working for a firm in East London who moved to West London. Hated the commute so after a few years he moved closer to his work. Moved house, new schools for the kids etc. A year later the firm moved to Essex. He left....

48mpg showing on my bike's display which is nearly 185 miles to the 17.5l tank. On a superstock 2018 model.

When I toured France, Germany, Switzerland & Italy on standard 2016 model taking it steady I was getting 56mpg which is 215.6 miles/tank mostly steady riding.

48mpg showing on my bike's display which is nearly 185 miles to the 17.5l tank. On a superstock 2018 model.

When I toured France, Germany, Switzerland & Italy on standard 2016 model taking it steady I was getting 56mpg which is 215.6 miles/tank mostly steady riding.

Good to have that confirmed for the 2016 model so I won't bother checking again it was pretty boring riding to Dover & back lol

BTW France (& Switzerland expected by the end of June) will allow UK vaccinated UK tourists in so the Alps is achievable this year! Or by first week of September if you're over 40 & book jabs now (reduced 8 week dose gap). Currently with quarantine on return but I'm desperate and hope that falls by the wayside too.

Good to have that confirmed for the 2016 model so I won't bother checking again it was pretty boring riding to Dover & back lol

BTW France (& Switzerland expected by the end of June) will allow UK vaccinated UK tourists in so the Alps is achievable this year! Or by first week of September if you're over 40 & book jabs now (reduced 8 week dose gap). Currently with quarantine on return but I'm desperate and hope that falls by the wayside too.
I'd say going steady with super plus fuel in re-fill nearing 200miles.
Riding hard re-fill 120 miles.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back