Tank Range

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried both and there is feck all difference in economy. I do 3 journeys to a tank (about 135 miles) and there is usually a 10 mile range left. On my gixxer the 98ron gave me an extra 10-15 miles to a tank.

Thanks for all the input. I'll brim it at Dover and keep and eye on where the border is after about 100 miles :)

Cheers
Simon

80 in town

I find it averages 9-10miles/litre on a cruise. So in THEORY I could get upto 170 miles! But usually give up at 120.

I get 90 miles out of mine and that with super unleaded, it's not used for commuting so every rides like a track day ��

I've tried both and there is feck all difference in economy. I do 3 journeys to a tank (about 135 miles) and there is usually a 10 mile range left. On my gixxer the 98ron gave me an extra 10-15 miles to a tank.

never noticed any difference with 95/98 or indeed the 100ish they sell in Germany. but the last Gixxer (K8) I had did shed loads better MPG, on touring holiday I'd say high 40s where BM is high 30s. (mostly A&B road blasting not motorway cruising!) oh I did an evening at Brands on one tank, I think light came on about 80 miles (I live 15 away) so that's 4 sessions of 15 - 20 mins in the fast group.
I thought the consumption wasn't very good but seems a good average from what's been said, maybe the mapping was worth it.

Today rode at reasonable motorway speeds + a little more and got from my house to Carlisle 142 miles and the light came on as I rode up the slip road to the services. It took 13.9 litres to fill back to the brim.

Loaded with tail pack, tank bag and athletically built rider, lol.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
You must have a hole in the tank !

To be fair I ride as hard as I can most of the time and my local roads are full power for a few seconds then hard on the brakes and repeat so worst kind of riding for economy!

To be fair I ride as hard as I can most of the time and my local roads are full power for a few seconds then hard on the brakes and repeat so worst kind of riding for economy!

I struggle with fuel economy as well. My 30 mile commute everyday is made up of 20 miles of motorway filtering in 2nd 3rd and 4th and 10 miles of iom tt type country roads which HAVE to riden at pace :wink-new:

Just checked mine - 129.0 miles since I last filled up and 29 miles range showing. Probably why i was in the cautious group at Snetterton.

With a full tank of Morrisons super unleaded fuel.

I covered 46 miles in slick mode plus 75 miles in rain mode. The display tells me on the Range of fuel left is 21 miles remaining.

This is accurate to the displayed range of 142 miles when the tank was full.

I've got the sc projects CR-T exhaust carbon end can and titanium link pipe on. Nothing else altered/added i.e. Air & Fuel mapped or aftermarket air filter.

I didn't reset the mpg but mine is at 43 mpg and has been for about 2 months.

Hope this helps.

I was cruising around Wales for a few days earlier this week. No speed involved, just smooth constant riding A and B country roads doing about 140 miles before filling up. The most I ever had to put in the tank was 11.5 litres. Worked it out at every fill up and was always 50 to 55 mpg. And I'm probably 16 stone geared up with a full tail pack on the bike. Theoretically would have gotten 200+ out of the tank but didn't really want to test that theory. I do cram as much in the tank as possible, to the point it started spitting it out the overflow one time.

"Do not fill the tank past the bottom edge of the filler neck." Page 94 of owners manual.

mine is red, it's difficult to see inside but I usually get the fuel level just below the filler neck

Im lucky if i get 100 miles in race mode before light comes on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back