Shoei NXR CWR-1 Photovoltaic Visor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
When I bought my NXR TC-2 at the MCN Show earlier in the year. I got a deal that included the as yet unreleased Photovoltaic Visor (not pinloc).

That was finally delivered this week and on a rare sunny day I gave it a test, on the balcony. It goes from fully clear to quite a dark tint. Think this will be an inspired choice, though we shall see come dusk on a ride home.

Attachments

• image-2757698186.jpg
    image-2757698186.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2936577560.jpg
    image-2936577560.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 59
I just received my new NXR yesterday, might have to look into one of these when they become available.. looks great.

GD

They should be available - though I expect a lot were on back order. They are not cheap, but I got it for a ridiculous amount for buying it at the show.

Is this the Shoei Transitions visor you're speaking about? I've had one for over a year now when they first got released,excellent visor,thoroughly recommend.

Is this the Shoei Transitions visor you're speaking about? I've had one for over a year now when they first got released,excellent visor,thoroughly recommend.

Yes. But the one I have was launched April. May just have been the CWR-1 version launch

They only make it for the NXR,was launched Spring last year,I had a preorder with Firecrest for one of the first batch into the country. Think the guy at bike show telling porkies lol

I use a pinlock insert in my HJC that does the same thing. The ReacTint is brilliant but i do wish it was the complete visor... If you don't mind, how much was it?

Last edited:
I paid ?120 for it last April,think they're still about same price. Firecrest had a deal where they were giving one free with certain NXRs. Best helmet I've used,coupled with this visor and the pinlock evo it's great.

This looks great Alex I hope other manufacturers bring out something similar. I'm not a huge fan of tinted visors although I do have one on my BMW race helmet, I like my Schuberth helmets that all have drop down sun visors in case I'm out until dark.
One that changes would be ideal, cheers.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Back