Installing Road Angel Bike Trac

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, I can purchase a new tracker from a friend and my question is: Can it be fitted by myself or would it need to be installed by a authorized dealer or something like that? God forbid it got nicked and I never got it back.... could/would they say that it needed to be done by a dealer?

What would the dealer cost be? I would like to fit the above unit but BMW now only supply and fit the TrakKING unit.

Thanks.

If you declare it on your insurance, they will most likely want to see evidence that it was installed by a professional before paying out for theft. However, I have yet to find a quote where I would get a discount for having a tracker or any other security, beyond that which I get for the bike having an immobiliser.

Had trackers on cars in the past and they were fitted by approved installers for insurance approval but certainly where I live there's no insurance premium benefit to having additional security fitted, don't know if its any different in and around London...

I rang bike track today and was told that they would supply it and if I felt competent I could fit it myself
they have no registered fitters

Seriously ring them yourself
i rang for immortal Indian to enquire about fitting to save him money
as he is a tight git lol
they assured me that there would be not prob me fitting it as there are only 3 wires
so difficult for even me to mess it up

Bit of a concern it will be as easy to take off again!!!

They are not infallible. All it needs to know from the bike is if the key is in and if it has power. It doesn't immobilise or anything. They are supposed to be discreet and survive long enough to report the movement.

Bit of a concern it will be as easy to take off again!!!
i understand that but mine that was fitted before I picked bike up
i know exactly where it is because during my fitting of new parts
i came accross it
and like u say it could be moved
but the tracking firm would know there was a problem instantly
as when I was working on it moved tracker and got phone call to check everything was ok ))
they contact u if power supply is interrupted or moved
even get a phone call when battery gets low,which is handy to remind me to put on optimate
ps. Sorry immortal Indian (( lol

Back