stock clearance!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilman

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick heads up...

As you know, Castrol are famous for making top of the range, high quality products. They are also a company that like to keep their products looking fresh and up to date. To do this, they regularly change their bottle shape design and the look of their labels.
An example of this is their recent changes to the Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 - this fully synthetic 4 stroke motorbike oil still has the exact same high quality formula that remains unchanged, they have simply updated their label and the shape of the bottle. They take aesthetics very seriously!

At Opie Oils, we also like to keep things up to date and looking fresh, so we're offering a fantastic price for our remaining stock of "old label" Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10w-40, which is even better when you apply your 10% forum discount (found in signature): JUST ?16.20 FOR 4 LITRES!

castrolracing.jpg

You can view this product HERE

There is only limited stock remaining of this great product at this price - once it's gone, it's gone. At this point, only the "new label" Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 will be available for purchase, at the current price of ?34.16 with forum discount, so get those orders in quick to take advantage of this price.

If you need a bit of info on this product, have a look below:

Power 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is fully synthetic 4-stroke motorcycle engine oil for modern high performance sports bikes that increases engine acceleration and power right up to max rpm. Its Race Derived Technology based on Castrol's racing history and testing experience ensures maximum engine performance, without sacrificing engine durability, thus giving a significant benefit over other types of engine oils.

For our full range of bike products, have a look HERE and keep an eye on our motorbike clearance range HERE for great deals and special offers.

That's it from us today, but as always if you require any oil advice then feel free to ask. You can call us on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm, send us an email to [email protected] or just ask us here and we will be happy to help.

Until next time!

-Oilman

BTW I couldn't find the S1000RR listed in the 'what are you a member of' drop down. Could be please be listed as s1000rrforum.co.uk?

I'm a little confused by oil types. As we all know the manual for the RR says use 5W-40. The 5W part of the code is the viscosity in cold temperatures, and 40 the viscosity at 100C.

As such, the only difference between the oil in this offer is a slightly worse performance at cold temps? So much worse that it cannot/should not be used in an RR? In the winter only or would be fine for RRs that hibernate through the cold stuff?

I am assuming that because oilman advertises it here, that some forum members use this stuff in their bikes? I'm really asking because I have always been a good boy and followed the manual (strictly - after a trackday I trot off and buy 4 x 1L Castrol Power 1 5w-40 because you can't get it in a 4L tub), and I have always wondered if was being a complete punter. I know I'd probably be fine with any fully synthetic 5w-40 e.g. Opie have a deal on where you get 6L of Fuchs for same price as 4 x 1L Castrol.

Can anyone clarify?

Cheers

Rick

10w is worse for cold start but personally I don't do that many cold starts, I tend to either go long distances and or go on track where the stability of the oil is important. From other Opie posts, there is in in-depth one on here. I'm fairly sure that 10w40 is going to be pretty good for that scenario.

I'm only taking advantage of the deal, I normally have Motul Ester-based 300V 4T 5w40.

Hi all

Just to let you know, we have now completely sold out of the OLD LABEL Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 - Good work guys, that went quick!
Apologies to those who missed out on this great offer, be sure to keep an eye on our current offers page HERE for other deals, discounts and special offers.

Until next time,

- Oilman

Hi all

Just to let you know, we have now completely sold out of the OLD LABEL Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 - Good work guys, that went quick!
Apologies to those who missed out on this great offer, be sure to keep an eye on our current offers page HERE for other deals, discounts and special offers.

Until next time,

- Oilman

What's yr best for power1 racing 5-40 as that's the recommended?

Back