Tyres tyres tyres!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy how do you find the Gps near the end of their life? Mine felt dead after the fourth track day they just weren't keeping any heat.

Andy them sportsmarts are pretty damn good , very confident inspiring after the initial slippy as fuck first few miles ( really slippy)
After a few miles they were great , even in the damp

a353b4ad.jpg

nice one, got mine fitted sat (£225 mates rates) not had chance to ride on them yet but if its dry tomorrow i'll get em scrubbed in ;D

put 5 or so miles on them today just to take the sheen off, you wernt kiddin about them being slippy :eek:

Dunlops . . . . . Contact No Limits . . . good supply of 11's. About £150 a set last time I got some.

Very much like racetecs . . . brill on the road if you run appropriate tyre pressures and work them.

yes buddy it was , only cos i wasnt allowed to ride the bike at the time though
wife took them to the garage in the car

Got to use the bike for the first time last night. Dont know what to think of the sport smarts? they dont seem to have much grip?

Hi Buddys (can i say in english buddys? i mean a nicer/better word then friends!)

i test different tires in the past. And my absolut favorit on the street is the Metzeler interact K3. No one has more grip. OK, his life is short, but he has a realy good handling.
On the racetrack, i take only Pirelli Superbike SC2 and SC1. in the dimension 120/70/17 and rear 200/60/17.
The Tracktioncontroll has some problems with the fat tire, but in the slick mode who´s care?
i love the fat boy:)

Did they get any better Andy ?
Mine were biz at first
You are a bit of a loon round donny to be fair though matey ::)

This was one the road Bob, had it spinning up and leaving black lines all over the place :p

Went out with the mrs to get some pics dont know how well they will show up? ;D
Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

IMG_0507.png

Hi Racefoxx
buddies is ok mate, i'm sure nobody will mind any small mistakes on here, they are all good people on here and your english is very good. good advise about tyres. I could not decide between K3's and pirelli diablo corsa's which i liked on previous bike. thanks to your post i have decided on K3's. If you write a post in the welcome area you will have better access to the site.

Andy
nice bit of road, where in derby are they? familiar with roads around Ashbourne and Uttoxeter which I think are not far from you

@Jamie: thxx. i think the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 2 is close to the niveau of the K3. My opinion is it is no matter if K3 or Diablo Rosso Corsa 2.
...i wrote into the Welcome area;-) my first post.

I had a 200 60 17 Superbike slick on the rear and can confirm that the traction control doesn't cope well! I had a monster high side crash coming out of the hairpin at Cadwell last week.

Everyone thought my bike had dumped coolant, but I run water only in my bike, someone had very kindly left about 1 and a half meter spill of green coolant on the exit :mad:

Anyway a 190 55 17 Dunlop slick works perfectly!

Phooey.

andybarsblade link=topic=750.msg9987#msg9987 date=1341566223 said:
Got to use the bike for the first time last night. Dont know what to think of the sport smarts? they dont seem to have much grip?

You say first time, how many miles from new? I know they were the slipperiest new tyre i'd ever had, but then were very capable.

Back