Picture competition - rules

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all,

We wanted to start a little picture competition, we hope you'll join in!

We want shots that are Action, Artistic, Cool, Funny, Scenic, Social...maybe even down right odd too (got to allow Stuart in a category).
Obviously this is a bike forum so my expectation is for your RR etc to be involved in some, but, not just studio pictures of your bike copied from the showroom please This is not Bike-of-the-Month (which is frustrating as I have nothing to add today except those kind!).

• Upload a picture directly to the forum using the Insert Image button in the tools for a new post, and uploading from your computer.
  • Use Photobucket etc and stick the Direct Link in the URL option for the Insert Image, or alternatively just write "
    U]
    "
  • Upload via ForumRunner/tapatalk.

NB: If you can't upload to the forum, email me the photo to [email protected] and we'll upload it to the forum photobucket (Soof and I both have access to both) and send you the post to get it up on the site.

Rules:
  1. ONE submission each per month.
  2. Give the post a Title and/or short description please.
  3. Try to put it in a category or 2 - Artistic, Action, Funny, Cool, Scenic, Social.
  4. NO COMMENTS! Might sound a little harsh but I want to keep the pictures submitted together in the thread, to make sure the voting gets done. I'll create a year long sticky comments thread which you can always use.
  5. Nothing NSFW (Not safe for work).
  6. Nothing with 3rd party copyright.

Now the important bit!
  1. VOTE - for as many as you like in the thread by clicking THANKS under the post.
  2. Don't vote for yourself! :p

There are no prizes, yet... but lets see what we can achieve.

I'll create the thread for APRIL 2016 in a moment. Please post pictures to the thread for the month we are in! I will sticky it.

If you have questions please post them here, not in the Month thread.

Thanks all - we can't wait to see what you can come up with over the year.

Alex and Soof

Last edited by a moderator:
What if I want to change my picture?
As its only the 7th I may take a better one before the end of the month

You can change it, by posting a new one, we'll remove the older one - you'll lose the votes you had though.

There was nothing in the rules about it being a current picture taken in the month (that may have been an accidental omission Mr Mod?).

With regards to voting, is it a better idea to only allow 1 vote per member or is that a bad idea? Just a thought, then again i suppose we would have to wait till all pics are posted for the month before voting.

There was nothing in the rules about it being a current picture taken in the month (that may have been an accidental omission Mr Mod?).

The picture can be from 1985 for all I care. I just want good photo's. There's always next month!

Ha I'm on it there be some smashed up s1000 s in attempt to get the best action shot

With regards to voting, is it a better idea to only allow 1 vote per member or is that a bad idea? Just a thought, then again i suppose we would have to wait till all pics are posted for the month before voting.

This is the first run through lets see how this goes - we can change it next time. :)

If everyone votes up your suggestion I'll take it as a good hint ;)

Need more rules, for things like a draw :(.

Referendum?

And if that doesn't work we can have another one?

Back