S1k Recall - Official!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray0007

Reaction score
Just had a phone call from my dealer; confirming the conrod bolt(coming loose) problem that has been going round the forums, awaiting confirmation of VIN numbers affected, will post if and when known..

Stingray link=topic=747.msg7073#msg7073 date=1334941300 said:
unionjack link=topic=747.msg7071#msg7071 date=1334940730 said:
I take its 2012 models only.

No info on that, best to be careful!

No chance of that I'm still tracking mine on Weds :)

shit.
i've been reading about this all week on the american forum hoping it was some sort of internet wind up.
i guess we'll find out next week what happens to our bikes.
i'm hoping my early build (september 2011) will be exempt.
fingers crossed for everybody with a 2012.
can't decide,one minute i feel like this :mad:
then this :(
then this :'(
this is exactly the sort of thing i'd hoped to avoid by buying a bmw.

I was told yesterday that it is the 2012 models. They must not let them out of the showrooms even if the new owners get on their hands and knees and beg.

Was scheduled to pick my S1000 up this morning but got the call yesterday that all sales have been stopped until affected engines had been identified....again as per the USA forum
has anyone else in the UK had this issue and what kinda deals are the dealers giving as a 'sweetener' to stay with them.....mine spoke of free service etc?

rr1diz link=topic=747.msg7091#msg7091 date=1335006000 said:
Was scheduled to pick my S1000 up this morning but got the call yesterday that all sales have been stopped until affected engines had been identified....again as per the USA forum
has anyone else in the UK had this issue and what kinda deals are the dealers giving as a 'sweetener' to stay with them.....mine spoke of free service etc?

are you a bmw dealer/ employee..... fishing by any chance ?

Yeah righto......if i worked for BMW i'd have better things to do surely!!!!

have had Yamaha R1s for like the last 13years and then when go to change badge in readiness to run the BMW before the IOM TT they go block sales....peeeeed off but my dealer said they'd sort me out, guess many people may say fu5k it and go to a different badge or stay with what they already have......

I'm in exactly the same boat, waiting on mine to be delivered and wanted it ran in and the limiter off before i go to the IOM tt but the chances of that are slim to non now especially with me going back offshore nexrt month

i've just spoken with North Oxford and they have told me it is a precaution isolated incidents of con rod bolts coming loose on race bikes - not joe public bikes. I've been advised I can continue riding but try to avoid high revs. i regularly take it up to 12k+ so told to keep within the 9k running parameters.

Parts are coming in next week

my 2012 model,not quite run-in, due for 1st service next week , dealer has`nt been in touch ! mates has just been back for faulty l/hand switch gear , not a great start to bm owernship. bring back the blade !

conrod bolt issues on certain bikes between xxxx vin number and xxxx vin number apparently but the best thing to do is ring the dealers and see what they say and hope they dont tell porkie pies as listening to a load of americans on a forum is probably the worst thing to do as they all seem to think the world is going to end due to multiple s1000rr explosions across the globe.

true enough
when i bought mine i was reading about how its gonna drop its guts , or sound like a bag of bones , dodgy tappets.
I was thinking WTF have i bought!!

Just had a call from my dealers to say my bike is not one that is affected i.e. my vin is not on the list :) . Here's hoping any of you in the same situation are also clear,
cheers

Stingray link=topic=747.msg7134#msg7134 date=1335173528 said:
Just had a call from my dealers to say my bike is not one that is affected i.e. my vin is not on the list :) . Here's hoping any of you in the same situation are also clear,
cheers

Hiya, good news bud.....when was you due to pick yours up, and most importantly when are they releasing it to you? my dealers was shut yesterday and today so awaiting some news...hopefully good!!! all i've heard so far is it was a conrod bolt torque setting and couldn't pick it up Saturday just gone

Back