Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid X - Advanced Nano Coating

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER IMORTAL_Indian's Avatar
    Riding
    Black/Red 2016

Re: Hybrid X - Advanced Nano Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

We will also be looking at offering the coating as a service, the retail on this is 300 - I'm sure it will be cheaper once i've done a few!
    I feel a rideout coming from London to W.Yorkshire

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Literally just picked it up this week so cannot say just now but I'll let you know how it goes.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by IMORTAL_Indian View Post
    I feel a rideout coming from London to W.Yorkshire
    The kettle's always on! But you would have to spend the night in Bradford (sorry ) as it takes 12-24hrs before the bike can be ridden

Riding
    Black/Red 2016

Bradford (sorry )
    the famous quote from EAST IS EAST comes to mind ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UDtinc9lLU

Riding
    Black/Red 2016

So, what was the outcome of this?

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black
    Quote Originally Posted by IMORTAL_Indian View Post
    So, what was the outcome of this?
    I've been so busy over the past few weeks that this has taken a back seat. I have completed the coating and it is looking shiny as ever.

The real test will be after a few rides. The first of which I'm hoping will be this weekend!

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

Hi Guys,

Finally got out for a ride last Sunday. It was wet when I set off so i got a nice thin coating of crap from the road all over the bottom of the bike, It then got sunny and it was a great start to the season.

When I got back I rinsed it off with cold water and the muck came straight off. (I'm not claiming this was because of the Hybrid X - it's just what happened)
    I left it overnight and when I came to the bike the next day I was rather disappointed to find a complete coating of water spots on the fairing... So it's not as hydrophobic as I first thought.

I then gave it another rinse and dried it off with a 'shammy' style cloth, I also used compressed air to chase the water off hard to reach bits.

After the rinse

The final outcome - Please note I've not polished the bike in any way, just wiped off the water beads.

My overall thoughts of this product:

Initially I was disappointed, I guess I was expecting too much from it? It's not a miracle coating that keeps your bike clean and dry all the time. But after seeing the results and having a think about it, the best way to describe it would be that it is a permanent polish. Rinse it, dry it and ride it. I'm very pleased with the results as it will save me loads of hours not having to polish it after each wash.. (although they do sell a polish for those people who actually enjoy polishing!)

I can't comment on the 'hardness' of the coating, I guess time will tell..

After reading all the posts in this thread, if anyone is interested in the product, I would like to give away a helmet coating kit FOC to a forum member

If you would like to try it out let me know on this thread and I'll pick someone at random
    Please bear in mind if I do pick you I would like some feedback on what you think of the product.
    Last edited by Stephen; 12th April 2016 at 10:55 PM.

What are the chances of doing a comparison with another black sthou to see if you can tell the difference?

Riding
    S1KRR 2017 Black

I'd be interested but my lid is the Matt black shoei so not sure if it would work!
    It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast!!
    2017 S1000RR Sport - Positive vibes bar ends, HP Rearsets, HP levers, LighTech chain adjusters, Evotech tail tidy, R&G crash bungs and cotton reels, Puig dark smoke double bubble screen, Stahlbus oil drain valve
    K8 GSXR750 - Yoshimura R55, de-cat headers, BST wheels, Ohlins TTx, Gilles rearsets, Pazzo shorties, Smoked double bubble, Stompgrips, R&G Bungs and engine sliders, R&G Tail tidy, K&N Airfilter, Brembo discs and pads, Hel braided lines, HIDS4U HID kit, Carbon look tank pad, clock surround and yoke protector, Stahlbus oil drain valve, Relentless decals, R1 throttle mod, suspension set up by MCT suspension, Bazzaz Zfi-tc TC and mode switch, Bazzaz autotune. 98k and counting
    IAM test passed
    IAM Masters test pass

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey
    I have a new gloss NXR Tc-2.
    Happy to test if no one sticks their hand up.

Riding
    2016 S1000RR - Red

The retail price for the motorcycle coating kit is 69.81 But they do a helmet coating kit (which would be a good way of seeing if its a product you like) for 15.95
    Tempted by the full bike kit for mine before it gets chipped or scratched - how simple is this to apply? Electronics, computers and mechanics I can do, but paintwork not so much

Do you think a helmet kit would cover just the front fairing and tank for stone chips and scratches?

Also, will it cover or exaggerate minor imperfections (I have a few marks on top of the tank from a zip or something, but just in the top coat it seems)

Also considering Venture Shield - any thoughts on how it compares with this for stone chips on the front end?