Hybrid X - Advanced Nano Coating

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got a new product in the shop today. Hybrid X. (their website isn't fantastic but there are some video clips to watch)

Hybrid X is a 'nano coating' applied to all areas of your motorcycle (apart from rubber) It is hydrophobic (water repelling) and is '9h' on the mohs scale of hardness (similar to sapphire or tempered glass)

The idea behind it is to make your bike more resistant to scratches, sunlight, stone chips and dead flies/bird muck. It should also make your bike easier to clean, any dirt grease or dead insects should all come off with a jet wash.

It all sounds good to me, But we only sell products we use ourselves and that we know work exactly as advertised.

So before I try and sell you it Im going to coat my S1000RR and test it out myself. Ill keep you guys updated on how it goes.

Here is the product (note the excellent artwork on the box!)

84BE66FB-FA23-4438-8DD0-668A1EC066FB_zps06ddaaig.jpg

858EA31D-DEA0-45A6-A104-ED8C7A9078C1_zps0dd9zvjg.jpg

I started tonight, an important thing to note is that once this product has been applied it is nearly impossible to remove. So I thought the smart thing to do would be remove any marks or scratches otherwise they'll be forever sealed for me to look at!

After an hour of buffing I removed a mark from the top fairing thats been bothering me for weeks. I will start to apply the product at some point this week. It takes 24 hours before its safe to ride and 5 days to completely set.

Any questions, ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Should be interesting. I'd need to get some paintwork improved before using it like you say.

Interesting - sounds like the GTechniq I have...and have failed to find time to apply. Look forward to your results.

I started on the coating tonight, Its very easy to do (hope i'm doing it right!) heres a couple of pictures of the front end, i removed the mirrors and fairing screws so i could coat the complete fairing.

You have to do the fairings in sections of less than 1sqft as it does dry up pretty quick and if it drys up while you work it won't come out well. I did the 2 front fairings, the plastic centre piece and clocks, the screen and mudguard, took about an hour and a half but Im sure it'll get easier the more i do it.
E5EE1261-2824-4F6E-9CF9-BC59F9DDD6EB_zpsl3a6evwx.jpg

D8411153-9494-4CF3-95C3-1E81ACF75AA8_zps7eum9ugv.jpg

0B041831-55E7-4CA5-87D9-48110E861169_zpsj2ylsq3z.jpg

Im only realising now that these photos are pointless as you can't see the coating anyway!

Also, i've just noticed theres a few stone chips on the headlights and front fairing, disappointing but i suppose its inevitable..

Ill post some pics and a vid next week once ive done the complete bike. The coating is good for up to 700 degrees so ill be doing the engine and exhaust.

Last edited:
I've applied GTechniq to 2x S1000rr's now. Amazing stuff. Picking up my 3rd bike on Saturday which will have crystal serum professional and exo v2 applied. I've seen amazing results and scratch/swirl mark protection. Only way to do it properly is to remove all panels though which is a bit of a bind. Full bike took a whole weekend to do properly. Guaranteed for 7 years though so it's worth the pain! ;-)

I had Bahnstormers add this stuff to my new bike as I wanted something I wasn't afraid to use in rubbish weather and on salty roads. The potential certainly looks good and it guarantees against corrosion for something ridiculous like fifteen years. I bought 3M ventudreshield for my Ducati but never got around to fitting it plus it doesn't protect any of the parts that would corrode anyhow.

I had Bahnstormers add this stuff to my new bike as I wanted something I wasn't afraid to use in rubbish weather and on salty roads. The potential certainly looks good and it guarantees against corrosion for something ridiculous like fifteen years. I bought 3M ventudreshield for my Ducati but never got around to fitting it plus it doesn't protect any of the parts that would corrode anyhow.

How long since it was done? Do you think its as good as they claim? (its probably something that you don't notice until it stops working tbh)

what is the cost of doing your bike in either Hybrid X or GTechniq ?

The retail price for the motorcycle coating kit is ?69.81 But they do a helmet coating kit (which would be a good way of seeing if its a product you like) for ?15.95

We will also be looking at offering the coating as a service, the retail on this is ?300 - I'm sure it will be cheaper once i've done a few!

Lets stick to Hybrid-X in Stephen's thread (I apologise for bringing up GTechniq!).

Cheers Alex :)

Literally just picked it up this week so cannot say just now but I'll let you know how it goes.

So, what was the outcome of this?

I've been so busy over the past few weeks that this has taken a back seat. I have completed the coating and it is looking shiny as ever.

The real test will be after a few rides. The first of which I'm hoping will be this weekend!

Hi Guys,

Finally got out for a ride last Sunday. It was wet when I set off so i got a nice thin coating of crap from the road all over the bottom of the bike, It then got sunny and it was a great start to the season.

When I got back I rinsed it off with cold water and the muck came straight off. (I'm not claiming this was because of the Hybrid X - it's just what happened)
I left it overnight and when I came to the bike the next day I was rather disappointed to find a complete coating of water spots on the fairing... So it's not as hydrophobic as I first thought.

I then gave it another rinse and dried it off with a 'shammy' style cloth, I also used compressed air to chase the water off hard to reach bits.

After the rinse

The final outcome - Please note I've not polished the bike in any way, just wiped off the water beads.

My overall thoughts of this product:

Initially I was disappointed, I guess I was expecting too much from it? It's not a miracle coating that keeps your bike clean and dry all the time. But after seeing the results and having a think about it, the best way to describe it would be that it is a permanent polish. Rinse it, dry it and ride it. I'm very pleased with the results as it will save me loads of hours not having to polish it after each wash.. (although they do sell a polish for those people who actually enjoy polishing!)

I can't comment on the 'hardness' of the coating, I guess time will tell..

After reading all the posts in this thread, if anyone is interested in the product, I would like to give away a helmet coating kit FOC to a forum member :)

If you would like to try it out let me know on this thread and I'll pick someone at random
Please bear in mind if I do pick you I would like some feedback on what you think of the product.

Last edited:
What are the chances of doing a comparison with another black sthou to see if you can tell the difference?

The retail price for the motorcycle coating kit is ?69.81 But they do a helmet coating kit (which would be a good way of seeing if its a product you like) for ?15.95

Tempted by the full bike kit for mine before it gets chipped or scratched - how simple is this to apply? Electronics, computers and mechanics I can do, but paintwork not so much :)

Do you think a helmet kit would cover just the front fairing and tank for stone chips and scratches?

Also, will it cover or exaggerate minor imperfections (I have a few marks on top of the tank from a zip or something, but just in the top coat it seems)

Also considering Venture Shield - any thoughts on how it compares with this for stone chips on the front end?

Latest posts

Back