Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrid X - Advanced Nano Coating

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

Hybrid X - Advanced Nano Coating

Hi Guys,

Got a new product in the shop today. Hybrid X. (their website isn't fantastic but there are some video clips to watch)

Hybrid X is a 'nano coating' applied to all areas of your motorcycle (apart from rubber) It is hydrophobic (water repelling) and is '9h' on the mohs scale of hardness (similar to sapphire or tempered glass)

The idea behind it is to make your bike more resistant to scratches, sunlight, stone chips and dead flies/bird muck. It should also make your bike easier to clean, any dirt grease or dead insects should all come off with a jet wash.

It all sounds good to me, But we only sell products we use ourselves and that we know work exactly as advertised.

So before I try and sell you it Im going to coat my S1000RR and test it out myself. Ill keep you guys updated on how it goes.

Here is the product (note the excellent artwork on the box!)

I started tonight, an important thing to note is that once this product has been applied it is nearly impossible to remove. So I thought the smart thing to do would be remove any marks or scratches otherwise they'll be forever sealed for me to look at!

After an hour of buffing I removed a mark from the top fairing thats been bothering me for weeks. I will start to apply the product at some point this week. It takes 24 hours before its safe to ride and 5 days to completely set.

Any questions, ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen For This Useful Post:

Re: Hybrid X - Advanced Nano Coating

Should be interesting. I'd need to get some paintwork improved before using it like you say.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Interesting - sounds like the GTechniq I have...and have failed to find time to apply. Look forward to your results.

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

I started on the coating tonight, Its very easy to do (hope i'm doing it right!) heres a couple of pictures of the front end, i removed the mirrors and fairing screws so i could coat the complete fairing.

You have to do the fairings in sections of less than 1sqft as it does dry up pretty quick and if it drys up while you work it won't come out well. I did the 2 front fairings, the plastic centre piece and clocks, the screen and mudguard, took about an hour and a half but Im sure it'll get easier the more i do it.

Im only realising now that these photos are pointless as you can't see the coating anyway!

Also, i've just noticed theres a few stone chips on the headlights and front fairing, disappointing but i suppose its inevitable..

Ill post some pics and a vid next week once ive done the complete bike. The coating is good for up to 700 degrees so ill be doing the engine and exhaust.
    Last edited by Stephen; 10th March 2016 at 10:15 PM.

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER CDPDesign's Avatar
    Riding
    2016 'RR Black/Red

I've applied GTechniq to 2x S1000rr's now. Amazing stuff. Picking up my 3rd bike on Saturday which will have crystal serum professional and exo v2 applied. I've seen amazing results and scratch/swirl mark protection. Only way to do it properly is to remove all panels though which is a bit of a bind. Full bike took a whole weekend to do properly. Guaranteed for 7 years though so it's worth the pain! ;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CDPDesign For This Useful Post:

I had Bahnstormers add this stuff to my new bike as I wanted something I wasn't afraid to use in rubbish weather and on salty roads. The potential certainly looks good and it guarantees against corrosion for something ridiculous like fifteen years. I bought 3M ventudreshield for my Ducati but never got around to fitting it plus it doesn't protect any of the parts that would corrode anyhow.

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER IMORTAL_Indian's Avatar
    Riding
    Black/Red 2016

what is the cost of doing your bike in either Hybrid X or GTechniq ?

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Lets stick to Hybrid-X in Stephen's thread (I apologise for bringing up GTechniq!).

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Black

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I had Bahnstormers add this stuff to my new bike as I wanted something I wasn't afraid to use in rubbish weather and on salty roads. The potential certainly looks good and it guarantees against corrosion for something ridiculous like fifteen years. I bought 3M ventudreshield for my Ducati but never got around to fitting it plus it doesn't protect any of the parts that would corrode anyhow.
    How long since it was done? Do you think its as good as they claim? (its probably something that you don't notice until it stops working tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by IMORTAL_Indian View Post
    what is the cost of doing your bike in either Hybrid X or GTechniq ?
    The retail price for the motorcycle coating kit is 69.81 But they do a helmet coating kit (which would be a good way of seeing if its a product you like) for 15.95

We will also be looking at offering the coating as a service, the retail on this is 300 - I'm sure it will be cheaper once i've done a few!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Lets stick to Hybrid-X in Stephen's thread (I apologise for bringing up GTechniq!).
    Cheers Alex

Literally just picked it up this week so cannot say just now but I'll let you know how it goes.