*** s1000rr hilltop reflash - group dyno shootout 7th may 2016 ***

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonOrsborn

Reaction score
Just booked mine in for a reflash / rolling road remap with Geoff at Hilltop Motorcycles.

Date: Saturday 7th May 10:30am.
Price: ?360
Address: 30 High St, Earl Shilton, Leicester LE9 7DG

I had a good chat with Geoff. He's going to hold this date for any others that would like to join the day. We can compare dyno print outs, max hp / torque etc and drink lots of tea.

If I get another three, or more, group price of ?330 each applies.

If you would like to join the day please add you name to this post and phone Geoff on 01455 848522 to book your slot. Quote reference "2008".

Please don't comment on this post about relative merits of reflash vs Bazzaz, PCV etc. This is for those that have made the decision to go with a Hilltop reflash. I've thought long and hard, read all the posts and spoken to the man himself and made my mind up to go for it. There are plenty of other posts discussing those points. This is purely about booking up for 7th May.

Cheers All.

definitely worth a visit here , Ive had a few bikes done , all have been significantly different when I got them back

Can someone help me out please. Im not a mechanic but ive taken engines in and out of motorbikes and know a little bit of how they work. I understand that more fuel plus more air equals more bang, i understand how power commanders work by getting the af correct. Now i also know that flashing can remove restrictions and you can mess with things like fan speeds , pit lane limiters etc.
now for the bit i dont understand. An s1kr is aprox 179 rwhp standard (please correct if wrong) now adding free flowing exhausts filters and pc5 will get you to about 190 - 200. How the hell does a flash get you to 210 -220 which are figures that i have been told are coming out from hilltop.

Can someone help me out please. Im not a mechanic but ive taken engines in and out of motorbikes and know a little bit of how they work. I understand that more fuel plus more air equals more bang, i understand how power commanders work by getting the af correct. Now i also know that flashing can remove restrictions and you can mess with things like fan speeds , pit lane limiters etc.
now for the bit i dont understand. An s1kr is aprox 179 rwhp standard (please correct if wrong) now adding free flowing exhausts filters and pc5 will get you to about 190 - 200. How the hell does a flash get you to 210 -220 which are figures that i have been told are coming out from hilltop.

By adjusting *timing* as well as fueling you can change the bang to be even stronger. But the more aggressive you are the more you edge closer to detonation and/or over stressing the components.

I piss my self a hilltops power claimes 220bhp from a map and and an exhaust 😂 A BSB bike puts out about 220bhp. They just massage the figures to suit them self and make the customer happy I think

I piss my self a hilltops power claimes 220bhp from a map and and an exhaust dde02 A BSB bike puts out about 220bhp. They just massage the figures to suit them self and make the customer happy I think

Yeah, dyno's have load levels which can effect the output, like running on a downhill dragstrip vs truly horizontal one.

- Sent from Mobile Device

I might come on the day, my 2015 was already flashed by Geoff, it had a half system then, now I have a full Akrapovic system and would like to see what difference it has made.

It certainly 'feels' stronger and has done 5500 miles now so it should have loosened up nicely.

Hope to see you on Saturday 7th May.

Mibridger may i ask what figure you got with half system ?

Big_Jim - the recommendation if re-flashing would be to get the bike to intended final state first before having it done. The end can wouldn't make a huge difference but de-cat / K&N worth doing first as A/F ratio is quite significantly affected.

what model /year you got simon ? any reasons for reflash ? system etc

S1000RR 2013, Two Brothers end can, de-catted, K&N filter. Run on premium unleaded. Getting it done just because you can really - not bothered about more top end power. Any improvements in torque and smoothness of power delivery gladly welcomed. Traction control is smoothed out also apparently.

I piss my self a hilltops power claimes 220bhp from a map and and an exhaust  A BSB bike puts out about 220bhp. They just massage the figures to suit them self and make the customer happy I think

220bhp would be a joke. I've widely read on all forums (look at www.UKGSER.com as well on Hilltop) and don't remember seeing a 220bhp claim anywhere. No S1000RR is going to make that sort of power without major development. Everyone that has had a reflash done at Hilltop has given positive feedback though. Those that haven't remain sceptical. For me it was Hilltop or a Power Commander or equivalent, to just smooth the bike out and correct the air / fuel ratio through the rev range.

Once mine's been done I''ll post up the plots and give subjective feedback on how different it feels before & after.

I had my GSXR1000 reflashed/mapped by Steve Jordan in Leatherhead a few years back. That had de-cat, end can, K&N etc. Gained +3bhp at peak. Plots didn't look hugely different but bike felt way smoother on and off the throttle. I was very happy with the results then.

hilltop_zpsrnycf2w0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Had mine done last Monday, didn't realise I had a big dip at 7.600 rpm. Now a very straight line. massive increase in both BHP and Torque

Damn that's some gains in the midrange!! It's quoting a 60Hp gain?! I mean that's not actually possible...more like tyre slip. (No offence)

Last edited:
I was not in the dyno room on the first run, so could have been tyre slip? Not tested the new map on track yet probably do Silverstone on the 24th next month.

What spec. is you're bike running? The improvements in terms of top end power (20bhp), torque and ironing out of some significant dips suggest the bikes wasn't close to being properly set up before it got to Hilltop?

First run says 182 rwhp which is about right. Ridiculas mid range gain and top end of 20 bhp is well .......

Back