Tank Pad Protector

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Imortal, I use Motografix like Beavis, make sure you get a free one from the dealer when you buy the bike, they are free with bike purchase. Some dealers " Forget"

Even if you don't use it the RRP is around ?40, I sold mine on eBay for ?25

JimmyMac

Mine obviously forgot. Twice.
I went for the Motorrad one, I thought it was fairly expensive at the time but glad I went for it.
I also have Stompgrip for the sides.

Last edited:
Mine obviously forgot. Twice.
I went for the Motorrad one, I thought it was fairly expensive at the time but glad I went for it.
I also have Stompgrip for the sides.

I would love to get stomp grips, however, I will be using the bike to commute, so a Bagster tank cover and bag to keep my shirt in will cover the STOMP grip.... any suggestions?

I will not be collecting the bike from a dealer.... so I guess here I come fleabay !! (unless someone has a spare they want to sell ?)

I would love to get stomp grips, however, I will be using the bike to commute, so a Bagster tank cover and bag to keep my shirt in will cover the STOMP grip.... any suggestions?

I will not be collecting the bike from a dealer.... so I guess here I come fleabay !! (unless someone has a spare they want to sell ?)

Eh? You're using a bagster tank cover so why are you interested in tank pads?
http://www.motorcycleheaven.co.uk/bagster-tank-covers/bmw/s1000rr-2015/tank-cover-white-black

I had a bagster tank cover on my GS, they don't look good... I binned it in the end (the bagster tank bag also leaked like hell in the rain). It'll be a right ball ache taking it on and off at weekends too, why don't you get yourself a decent tail pack instead?

LOL..... it looks like I am spending 5H1T loads even before I have the bike..... (Still sitting here at work waiting for the confirmation delivery date email)...

That is true MacRR.. it need to be able to hold my freshly ironed shirt and lunch... the tank back seems to be a great fit... Its just I have that setup on my blade and it works great (ironed in the morning and folded like it sits in shops... get to work and a quick flick of the wrists to get rid of the temp creases) and off I go... tail back may be a little on the small side... I do have an oxford tail back but that is too large!

Ah you need to buy 'non iron' shirts! Its up to you, its your bike after all, but I'm sure you can find something that can accommodate a folded shirt and some butties without resorting to the cost and crap looks of a new bagster tank cover. The other thing is, part of the pleasure of owning a bike is slowly tweeking and adding things to it, what might seem like a priority now may not be after you've done a few hundred miles on it. Might be worth showing some restraint on the extras at this stage?

LOL..... it looks like I am spending 5H1T loads even before I have the bike..... (Still sitting here at work waiting for the confirmation delivery date email)...

That is true MacRR.. it need to be able to hold my freshly ironed shirt and lunch... the tank back seems to be a great fit... Its just I have that setup on my blade and it works great (ironed in the morning and folded like it sits in shops... get to work and a quick flick of the wrists to get rid of the temp creases) and off I go... tail back may be a little on the small side... I do have an oxford tail back but that is too large!

I used a Kreiga R25 rucksack for this very purpose when I was commuting to work. I used a Mountain Warehouse drybag inside it and no creases!

Back