Advice wanted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
This is a long story so I'll try keep it as short as I can.
5 months ago bought my '11 from the main honda importer in Ireland with a 6 month warranty . 1 week later it needed top end rebuild honda passed it over to bmw in dublin.3 weeks later I got bike back.
About 4 weeks ago bike wouldn't start showed up vds code. Thought it was a fuse or flat battery thanks to google search.my local bmw dealer is 5 mins away so phoned him and he collected it straight away, thought it would be a quick and inexpensive fix and I'd soon be on my way to work.
Turned out it was a broken wire from the ecu.
?367.
Phoned honda the next day as bike still in warranty but they said I should have contacted them first - which is fair enough but They don't have the diagnostic equipment to fix it anyway.
Thought they might do something for me as a good will gesture but they haven't replied to my 3 e mails.
What do you think ?
Should I just put it down to experience ?

Unfortunately as you did not go to them first they are within their rights to leave you hanging. Try going in and speaking to them in person, calmly and see where you get, but you are completely reliant on their goodwill. Sorry it's not what you want to hear.

Back