New toy/ new tools?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
Hi all, so I've had my BM for a week now & am loving it so far! Looking at tools for servicing & general tinkering & the obvious one I can see I need is a full set of torx. I'm thinking of SnapOn AWSGT800. Are there any other tools you guys can think of apart from the usual sockets, spanners, stands etc?

Thanks, I'll look into torx plus. Also was thinking of a workshop manual of some kind???

I only bought a torx set today on my way home from work
To fit my new ar slip on
Just went to my local woodies ( like B&Q ) and the only set they had was €12
Thought they'd be made of butter but they seemed to work just fine
Did exhaust then messed around with some other screws and no problem at all worked a treat

"Torx Plus" is what BMW use.

I'm not so sure about this. The one Torx key that came in my toolkit is clearly marked T25. If it were a Torx Plus it would carry a code 'IP' (improved profile) and then a number, e.g. IP1. The section in the owners manual on the toolkit also refers to Torx, not Torx Plus.

There may well be Torx Plus fasteners used in high torque (excuse the pun) applications in the bowels of the engine, but I don't think that there are any in the cycle parts that the average owners is likely to encounter.

But I stand to be corrected.

Forget about torx bits. There are two tools that can do any job. A hammer and gaffer tape. If you want to do a proper job you may need some cable ties too. If you can't fix it with these you're doing it wrong. Lol

Cheers mate, that's really helpful. Don't need much of an excuse to buy more tools...

Back