Rear sets...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long do Rearsets take to fit?
I've been given a price of ?150 to fit them and the chain adjusters which I thought was quite pricey, but may be a bit more involved than I think?

I've done them on several different bikes and would say less than an hour. only tricky bit would be setting up the quick shifter. also allow some time for setting them up how you like as they are adjustable.

Thanks Mike, I'll calculate your half an hour to my 2 hours plus then.
Maybe it's a bargain after all!

Was that the dealer that quoted that for fitting? You usually can get the dealer to fit them FOC if you buy them from them.

Chain adjusters - dont know which ones you have gone for but with the lightechs I think it took me about half an hour or so to fit them. Easy.

I've checked the HP price guide that was it on here a few days ago and it does say *plus fitting.
I think my dealer is welding on the price to fit as I have a 15% discount on parts.
I like the HP rearsets but they are almost double the price of lightech.

Have you downloaded the RSD from the premier member downloads area? The workshop instructions are detailed in there to install the HP rearsets. 77 25 149 + 77 25 901

The Hp rearsets are very nice, I do like the lightech, choices.....

Thanks Soof, I'll take a look but I think ill take the easy route and have someone fit them
They will make a massive difference for me and my long legs:barbershop_quartet_

Thanks Soof, I'll take a look but I think ill take the easy route and have someone fit them
They will make a massive difference for me and my long legs:barbershop_quartet_

Long legs, or high heels? ;)

I was only pointing the service manual info out because it's worth a read through the fitting instructions before you part with ?150 for them to do it. The instructions are very straight forward and there isn't that much to it, I personally think ?150 is a bit steep, maybe 1 hour at normal rates is something like ?60? (dunno).

Just sayin :).

Oh ok, you got me! My killer heels get snagged on the standard Rearsets.:congratulatory:
Ill have a look at the fitting guide, I need all my cash for track days....

Back