Forged Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, I questioned Vines in Guildford... 2016 s1000rr

New Front Forged Wheel - ?765 + VAT
New Rear Forged Wheel - ?810 + VAT

New Stock Front Wheel - ?635 + VAT
New Stock Rear Wheel - ?685 + VAT

Question... when ordering a new bike, why go for the option of Forged Wheels @ ?1250 (inc VAT) ... seems a no brainer to buy the stock ones and sell them after purchasing the forged ones. (Or am I missing something here?)

Its more than just wheels...the discs are different too.

So yes you could try to sell your new cast wheels and off set that cost against the forged items. But the forged items with the bike seem to be discounted by >?500 already so is it worth the hassle?

You don't "pay" for the cast ones so their list price doesn't matter.

Last edited:
It's the one option I'd have to have if I was buying another bike.
I was surprised by the complete weight including the discs and tyres etc when I lifted mine off the delivery truck yesterday.
Oh and the bike rides on rails with them too. :glee:

Sprocket carrier is well over ?200 as well as cush drives and pins bolts etc. None are compatible between styles.
As well as the discs like Alex mentioned.

JimmyMac

You got a good deal there! I'd also question how much of a market there is for as new standard wheels?

+ new tyres as well = remember those wheel prices are just rims.

And to quote the manual "Tyre size has an effect on control systems. If the rear wheel tyre size is changed from 190 ⁄ 55 ZR 17 to 200 ⁄ 55 ZR 17 or vice versa, the parameters of the control systems have to be re-coded by an authorised BMW Motorrad dealer."

Not impossible but all the above a bit of a PITA

+ new tyres as well = remember those wheel prices are just rims.

And to quote the manual "Tyre size has an effect on control systems. If the rear wheel tyre size is changed from 190 ⁄ 55 ZR 17 to 200 ⁄ 55 ZR 17 or vice versa, the parameters of the control systems have to be re-coded by an authorised BMW Motorrad dealer."

Not impossible but all the above a bit of a PITA

True, but real world experience suggests the TC operates fine without mothership intervention if changing rear sizes.

So immortal Indian - you're buying a bike through a BMW employee scheme of some kind with a huge discount (30% was it?) and you're still looking for more ways to save. Bet the dealer loves you. Do you work for BMW ???

HP Forged Wheels

As an optional extra the HP Forged Wheels are exceptionally good value for money. When compared to other aftermarket alternatives (from the likes of Oz Racing, Dymag and BST) and the added cost of brake discs, sensor rings etc they make complete financial sense.

True, but real world experience suggests the TC operates fine without mothership intervention if changing rear sizes.

So immortal Indian - you're buying a bike through a BMW employee scheme of some kind with a huge discount (30% was it?) and you're still looking for more ways to save. Bet the dealer loves you. Do you work for BMW ???

ha ha...I wish 30% !!! Wife's cousin... 17% saving... But as per comments, there is a reason for the ?1200 price difference... I will be the first bike I buy new, just just want to make sure I have not missed anything.. Then save for the extras... I guess tracker, rad guard and 3m shield wrapping are priority..

hope to to be ordering this week, take delivery in April/May, run her in just in time for 8 day road trip to Black Forrest and Alsace mountains in July!!

The alarm is also very good value, it operates from just the key so no fussing around with additional key fobs. It also includes an upgraded larger battery. Cheap to order when buying new but very expensive to buy if you want it later. Tracker definitely as well, but you do want that visual and sound deterrent as well. Tracker will get your bike back but the bikes theft will inevitably lead to some damage in taking it.

It's the one option I'd have to have if I was buying another bike.
I was surprised by the complete weight including the discs and tyres etc when I lifted mine off the delivery truck yesterday.
Oh and the bike rides on rails with them too. :glee:
+1

I do not think that an alarm going off will deter anyone... would rather get a Xena disk lock with an alarm... an extra obstacle but if they want it, they will take it !! :grumpy:

Agreed. If I hadn't had the alarm then my '15 RR would have ended up costing me much less in damage. I'm not going to use the steering lock in future either.... They defeated it in seconds and just tore the lug off the frame. 50 yards from a police station.

I think preventing the bike moving (Almax chain) and a tracker as backup is the only way.

Back