New bike spec

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, looking to order the new bike this week:)

S 1000 RR SPORT
MotorSport Paint Scheme
Performance Package
Forged Wheels

Extra?s
Tracker ? TBC what company (not having an alarm as its not Datatool approved)
Acro Can
PC 5

Any suggestions / options / something different I should do or look out for?

Thanks,

AMIT.....

HP Levers and Rearsets are nice too, but you may want non-BMW parts instead.

BikeTrac is the one for European/worldwide coverage. It also has RF, Cell Tower and GPS location systems.

S 1000 RR SPORT
MotorSport Paint Scheme
Performance Package
Forged Wheels

Extra?s
Tracker ? TBC what company (not having an alarm as its not Datatool approved)
Acro Can
PC 5

Thanks,

AMIT.....

Based on my own experience with my '15RR, you must have the performance pack, I'd also go with HP rear sets as the std pegs make for a slightly cramped riding position and also go for forged wheels - mine doesn't have them and what you don't have you don't miss but for what they cost I think they are a great choice. You don't need a PC5 if you're just changing the can, the HP Akra is a decent bit of kit but I prefer the looks & sound of my AR GP1 which is also cheaper. Make sure you also fit an Evotech rad & oil cooler guard as a priority as the fins get damaged easily.

Last edited:
Based on my own experience with my '15RR, you must have the performance pack, I'd also go with HP rear sets as the std pegs make for a slightly cramped riding position and also go for forged wheels - mine doesn't have them and what you don't have you don't miss but for what they cost I think they are a great choice. You don't need a PC5 if you're just changing the can, the HP Akra is a decent bit of kit but I prefer the looks & sound of my AR GP1 which is also cheaper. Make sure you also fit an Evotech rad & oil cooler guard as a priority as the fins get damaged easily.

How easy are the Evoteck rad & oil cooler to install? sounds like A nice bit of kit your getting Imortal Indian

Easy, just whip the fairing side panels off and they bolt and clip onto the existing mounting points

S 1000 RR SPORT
MotorSport Paint Scheme
Performance Package
Forged Wheels

Extra’s
Tracker – TBC what company (not having an alarm as its not Datatool approved)
Acro Can
PC 5

Thanks,

AMIT.....
Same spec as mine. Why o why in god's name do you want a PC5?????. The standard setup is ni-on perfect. The Acro can may save weight and look slightly better but may be quieter.

Power Commander V

There is absolutely no requirement for a PCV when fitting an Akrapovič HP slip-on exhaust. It's designed specifically for the 2015 S1000RR by Akrapovič on behalf of BMW.

Get your dealer to fit rad and oil guard at pdi, that's what I did and crash bungs.

So, looking to order the new bike this week:) S 1000 RR SPORT MotorSport Paint Scheme Performance Package Forged Wheels Extra’s Tracker – TBC what company (not having an alarm as its not Datatool approved) Acro Can PC 5 Any suggestions / options / something different I should do or look out for? Thanks, AMIT.....

Do you mean the alarm isn't thatcham approved? I doubt datatool approve any alarm that isn't there's!

The BMW alarm is up to thatcham standard but BM won't pay for thatcham to test/approve it. I wish I'd have gotten an alarm, I'm waiting for one to pop up on eBay...

Did they not object to this... I thought BMW advised not to fit this?

They said they'd fit them but BMW had said it would void warranty. However , they fitted them and said if the bike overheats I would need to take the guards off myself before taking it back.

Alarm is definitely worth having on a factory order, along with the forged wheels. Save your cash for the PCV as it won't have any benefit unless you change to a full system. A rad and oiler guard are essential along with crash bangs, but I would pay a local bike shop at a third of BMW technician rates to fit these.

They said they'd fit them but BMW had said it would void warranty. However , they fitted them and said if the bike overheats I would need to take the guards off myself before taking it back.

it wont overheat!

I have to be careful that mine doesn't overheat in the tropical heat of the Highlands.
More chance of it getting clogged up with midges.

Back