Ar slip on

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
Hi lads
I've just done a deal on a austin slip on can
I haven't got it yet but lookin at the ad it doesn't have a bracket for the bolt that attaches to the rear of the footpeg , it just looks like it slips on.
My question is
How is it fixed ?

if you look here, down the page there is clearly no mounting to the foot pegs. looks like it holds itself in

EDIT: REPLACED LINK WITH THE ONE ABOVE

Last edited:
I still can't manage to put up photos but I'm looking at the same pictures your looking at
Hoping someone else here has fitted one
Thanks for getting back so quickly though

That weather is a stark contrast to sunny Birmingham Loupe! ive just been out and took this at the national war arboretum

its chilly but dry and plenty of sun

im guessing a little but if there is no bracket for the exhaust powders and its the same or similar size to the one in the image youll not need a bracket!

Last edited:
Haha yeah, a bit different!
Lucky you getting a blast, im thinking third week in July will be ok up here :distrust:

Haha yeah, a bit different!
Lucky you getting a blast, im thinking third week in July will be ok up here :distrust:

lol to be fair ive been waiting for a break in the weather since getting it so its the first non wet ride ive had.

It's a 2011 and the can is very short
So maybe it just supports itself
We'll soon find out I suppose
Should be getting it during the week if the seller doesn't change his mind
On that point I'm buying it off a private seller and using PayPal.
I've used PayPal before on ebay no problem but this is through a classified website so feeling a bit nervous about lodging money into his PayPal account
Should I be ?

personally ive never had any problems. i use single track forum for my mountain bike related chat and parts. brought a Santa Cruz frame from of a guy in Scotland for ?1800 in good faith via paypal with no issues along with a whole host of other bits over the years. I wouldn't worry myself. the only exception on this for me would be Scumtree! wouldnt touch it with beadles hand

Last edited:
I've been chatting to the guy on the phone
Seems genuine enough
It's the right price and they don't come up often over here so I'll take a gamble

thats all i'd do! i thinnk you can get a good idea of someone from a phone call. where is it located? if its near by here id happily go and pick it up and post it for you?

Thanks for the offer but it's in Cork ( ireland )
And I'm in wicklow ( just outside dublin ) so might be a tad too far for you
But thanks anyway

Thanks for the offer but it's in Cork ( ireland )
And I'm in wicklow ( just outside dublin ) so might be a tad too far for you
But thanks anyway

just a tad out the way but no worries. bit too far too collect for you to then!

I have bought bits of people using PayPal, the deals went ok. Same protection regarding the transaction like buying off Ebay using PayPal.

Back