Racing Red GSA

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
OK I know not all of you give a monkeys about BMW GS's, nor did I until I rode one! Sold my '10 GSA last week via the ever reliable ebay and picked up this '65 plate, 800 mile ex demo from Park Lane BMW today for a very pleasant saving over new. The LC engine is a big improvement over the old air cooled lump and together with gear shift assist pro (yes it has an auto blipper) makes for smooth, pretty rapid progress through traffic and on the open road. Was tempted by the KTM 1290 SA but with an S1K in the garage I don't need the additional aggression the KTM offers, plus Mrs Mac much prefers going on the back of the GS...... a pic before it gets a clean:

Congrats. I love my lc GSA, really like the red, I went with boring blue. planning a sneaky ride on it tomorrow.

Roads between here and London dry and didn't pick up any salt either, should be a good day for a blast tomorrow if the rain keeps away

Very nice Mac, I have just replaced my 46000 mile 30 year anniversary with a 5000 mile identical model. Did 1000 miles in two days at the end of last year and am now planning a mega trip in 2017, it'll make Ewan and Charlie look like a pair of lightweights. I have now owned 3 thirty year models as I like the fact they don't have radiators as I tend to go to isolated places and drop them, yours looks awesome in red:encouragement:

JimmyMac

Cheers lads, I'd love to be able to go somewhere where having radiators would be an issue Jimmy! Realistically I think it'll be a case of continuing to snatch a few days away here and there for now.

Looks a nice bit of kit!
Would be nice to own both but I doubt I'd get away with 2 bikes.

Thanks, yes I suppose its not that easy to justify having a lot of money tied up in bikes, but having the GS has unlocked all year round riding which I haven't done since my early twenties and it helps having an other half who loves bikes. So while I can do it I'm making the most of it!

Back