New tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leathers are NOT a mandatory requirement for a bike as far as Im aware its just a lid.. court mate.. send me the date ill come see you embarrass him... all kidding aside the charge is a joke...not in control ? In what way.. hands off the bars.. sounds as ridiculous as the guy last year whos case was dropped for same thing...he was blowing his nose ! Cop said he wasnt in control of his car... case never reached court. Sadly you will have to defend yourself but id say you have a case.

Last edited:
Sounds like intimidation to me. They can't do you for 'filtering' unless you've broken the law by crossing solid white lines, which is a 3 pointer. Filtering is legal. Pulling you up for taking your hand off the bar, bollocks. Dress code, wtf? I'd have my day in court for sure, and invite the local rag.

Leathers are NOT a mandatory requirement for a bike as far as Im aware its just a lid.. court mate.. send me the date ill come see you embarrass him... all kidding aside the charge is a joke...not in control ? In what way.. hands off the bars.. sounds as ridiculous as the guy last year whos case was dropped for same thing...he was blowing his nose ! Cop said he wasnt in control of his car... case never reached court. Sadly you will have to defend yourself but id say you have a case.
Yeh i will be fighting it i think, whats the worst that can happen? i will get a bigger fine and court costs but the chance of me losing is slim. He will need video evidence which i can ask to view before i accept the charge. Also its a bullshit claim, fair enough if i took both hands off the bars but i only took one hand off and it was due to rain on my visor that i took it off plus a distraction of my gloves flapping around. I will post the court date and we can have a STHOU family day out at court hahaha get your suits at the ready guys :) haha

Last edited:
Go and represent yourself mate... keep it simple...state the facts.. let the court decide, you sound articulate and a credible person.

Last edited:
Write to the chief cons table and tell him you want a police motorcyclist to appear as an expert regarding only having one hand on the handlebars. Might also be worth giving White Dalton a call as Andrew P loves stripping these guys down a peg or 2.
On a response to the above you need to know the rules of the road too. Solid white lines in centre of carriageway I.e double white need deflection arrows before they start and also must have road studs (cats eyes) between the lines otherwise they are just a local councils road decoration. If you cross these safely you are ok, but if you ride like a dick that's the offence, not crossing the wrongly painted road line.

Re Andrew Dalton, in his column in this months Fast Bikes he's responded to a guy who has been prosecuted for dangerous driving for standing on the footpegs of his bike turning round in the road while looking the other way one handed for around 5 seconds. Read the article, but Andrew's view is that while a charge of DD is over the top a more reasonable copper would have gone for a charge of 'due care and attention'or 'riding otherwise than in control of your vehicle'. He says that while standing on the pegs wasn't a problem, looking the wrong way and RIDING ONE HANDED FOR OVER 5 SECONDS would be deemed to be unnecessary.

Last edited:
I've been driving around with this plate and the tax covering it for six months and never been stopped.
With the recession over here in Ireland they've only gone and closed loads of police stations all over the country
HAPPY DAYS !!!!

I've been driving around with this plate and the tax covering it for six months and never been stopped.
With the recession over here in Ireland they've only gone and closed loads of police stations all over the country
HAPPY DAYS !!!!

Haha. Lucky buggers.... You would get your arse on a plate over here with that plate on...

This conversation is what makes me sick of forums. Everybody is an expert and takes the posters side. Of course it couldn't possibly be that the officer was entirely right could it, after all it's totally unheard of for a forum member to exaggerate or outright lie or put a spin on something to win sympathy isn't it. As for the 'gotta catch me first' comments....totally pathetic. Get a life.

This conversation is what makes me sick of forums. Everybody is an expert and takes the posters side. Of course it couldn't possibly be that the officer was entirely right could it, after all it's totally unheard of for a forum member to exaggerate or outright lie or put a spin on something to win sympathy isn't it. As for the 'gotta catch me first' comments....totally pathetic. Get a life.

I have to agree with Dave ..powders. Your comments are a bit silly mate specially the catch me bit... I did read it earlier and thought as much..but didn't want to say

Last edited:
Back