Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10w-40 is only ?26.95 for 4 Litres only at Opie Oils

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilman

Reaction score
Looking for a top quality 10w-40? Look no further!! Opie Oils has the perfect solution!

Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10w-40 is now only ?26.95 for 4 Litres at Opie Oils which is a MASSIVE 37% OFF RRP

Don't forget you get an EXTRA 10% off the price with your forum discount which can be found in the signature!

If you need any help finding the correct engine oil for your bike please email us at [email protected] or ring us on 01209 202949 Monday - Friday 8:30-5:30-5:30

Cheers
Oilman

Hi

You're completely correct, but we have had customers that want a 10w-40 for their S1000RRs. Also, we put the offer on here as you might have another bike that needs a 10w-40.

Cheers

Tim

my user manual says Bmw recomends SAE 5w-40 or SAE 10w-40 castrol power one racing , I put 10-40 power 1 racing in last year 4000 miles with no issues.

In the UK unless it's a race bike I really can't see there being much problem in using a decent 10w40 :)

It's not like we have a climate that extreme that a change from a 5w to a 10w is going to ruin the engine under normal road conditions especially surely??

Hi

The only real difference between 5w-40 and 10w-40 is that the 5w-40 is thinner when cold, so offers better cold start protection. I may also be a bit cynical, but there aren't that many 5w-40 bike oils, so I think BMW like to recommend something that is not that easy to get hold of, so you go to them to buy oil.

While BMW and Castrol had an agreement for years, that has ended now in the cars and I think it has with the bikes as I have had a couple of people tell me their dealerships were using Shell oils. I don't think Shell do a 5w-40 bike oil yet, so I can see this oil being the standard option for the S1000RR until they sort the range out.

Cheers

Tim

I've been using the 4T 300V Ester Motul from yourselves which comes in 5w40 and 10w40. I've read the long posts on mkivsupra.net (long before joining) here about the oil grades etc.

Maybe we could have some recommended oil grades input for different use cases?
Track Riding
30min Commuting
Long Distance Touring
Winter
Summer

Hi

I'd basically say 5w-40 for the lot, except for longer track sessions a 10w-40 would be a little more stable.

The best choices would be motul 300V or Silkolene Pro 4 Plus, but the Castrol Power 1 Racing, Shell Advance Ultra, Motul 7100 and Silkolene Comp 4 are good cheaper options.

Cheers

Tim

Interesting,

I used to always use Motul 300V in my previous bikes, but since BMW recommends the Castrol Power 1 Racing 5W40 I have been using that.

Might go back to Motul though, I will check out your deals next time.

Do you offer genuine filters as well ?

Hi

Yes and no. We sell Mahle filters, but apparently they are the ones that BMW rebrand as their own.

Cheers

Tim

Back