Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical issues

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Re: Electrical issues

Quote Originally Posted by DocS1000RR View Post
    Salt is the thing you put to the meat?? Ocean salt?? Sunday were salt in the street yes. It's possible it turns crazy the bike?? Holly shit!!

Hola Doc , yo no significan que la sal daría a sus problemas en bicicleta . Olvidé que estabas en España y le decía a tomar su bicicleta a los distribuidores a ser examinado por la garantía y el uso de uno de los suyos para el día sin tener que preocuparse acerca de cómo obtener la sal en la bicicleta.
    En Escocia y gran parte del Reino Unido hay sal en todo el camino , ya que es menos grados centígrados en el momento.
    Su fallo eléctrico será muy menor , estoy muy seguro.

Tenga cuidado JimmyMac

Solved. Positive terminal at battery is not good pressioned. Jajajaa!!

Riding
    BMW 2015 S1000RR

Great news that you found the problem and it was nothing too serious. While I was playing with mine when it was new, the way I do, looking to see where everything was and how it all hangs together, I found the battery terminals on mine weren't what I'd call tight either.

Hi all,
    Same thing happened to me today while out with the lads at great piss take!!! Luckily with a bit of shacking and puling of wires and banging of the the bike we go electrics back. The prob is that there are no tools for the bike and none of the lads had any torx in there's to get into anything. Fixed when got home as was a lose neg terminal on the battery
    Dose anyone know of good kit you can buy with torx to put under the hump?

Thanks Dean

Riding
    Gen 3 Motorsport

With a BMW it doesn't pay to leave home without a full torx kit and puncture outfit, ever.
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Riding
    S1000RR 18 Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Flatstick View Post
    Hi all,
    Same thing happened to me today while out with the lads at great piss take!!! Luckily with a bit of shacking and puling of wires and banging of the the bike we go electrics back. The prob is that there are no tools for the bike and none of the lads had any torx in there's to get into anything. Fixed when got home as was a lose neg terminal on the battery
    Dose anyone know of good kit you can buy with torx to put under the hump?

Thanks Dean
    Look on eBay for a "Torx T25 "L" shape key" and tape it to the underside of the pillion seat hump - they are £2.95 each inc delivery. My Gen 3 standard pillion seat has one attached beneath.
    Alternatively for touring I carry a Bahco SL25 1/4" tool kit which has sockets from 4-13mm, Torx, screw and hex bits and weighs about 500 gms and physical dimensions on the web page
    Last edited by MrSmooth; 20th April 2021 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth View Post
    Look on eBay for a "Torx T25 "L" shape key" and tape it to the underside of the pillion seat hump - they are £2.95 each inc delivery. My Gen 3 standard pillion seat has one attached beneath.
    Alternatively for touring I carry a Bahco SL25 1/4" tool kit which has sockets from 4-13mm, Torx, screw and hex bits and weighs about 500 gms and physical dimensions on the web page
    Ye that's where mine is lol I also got set hump with mine and leave that on, time to move it across.

Dean