Electrical issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocS1000RR

Reaction score
Hi, I have problems with my s1000rr 2015. It shift down automatically the lights, the abs and dtc leds flashes sometimes, the speedometer sometime don't put the km/h. Anyone have this problems??

Hi, I have problems with my s1000rr 2015. It shift down automatically the lights, the abs and dtc leds flashes sometimes, the speedometer sometime don't put the km/h. Anyone have this problems??

Hi, Could you explain the issues your having a little more? do all these issues occur at the same time or individually? Does it happen at random throughout the ride?

If its not a loose battery connection, don't try and fix it. Just take it to your dealer its under a great warranty. Then borrow one of their bikes for the day and have a days riding without worrying about the salt on the road.

JimmyMac

I will take the moto to the dealer tomorrow. The issues happens at the same time during the ride intermitently. Few days ago it begins with ligh in the motor led (yellow). I shut down the engine and when I start up the light is off. And yesterday and today it beggins to shut down the lights randomly during the ride, the claxon doesn't work, the speedometer shut down, the abs light and dtc might flashes randomly. I very angry, the moto is 1700 and 2 months old ��

As other members have said it's likely a loose connection somewhere. Hopefully the dealer will sort if for you quickly. Let us know how it pans out

Salt is the thing you put to the meat?? Ocean salt?? Sunday were salt in the street yes. It's possible it turns crazy the bike?? Holly shit!!

Motorbike has died. I clean it with water to remove possible rest of salt, I clean the chain and sprocket. I tried to start up, it makes the cheking and when i press red start button...nothing happens. The bike doesn't start, the speedometer shut off and now If I turn on the key nothing happens, it don't do checking or anything. Battery?? And why dead battery in 2 months??

Salt is the thing you put to the meat?? Ocean salt?? Sunday were salt in the street yes. It's possible it turns crazy the bike?? Holly shit!!

Hola Doc , yo no significan que la sal dar?a a sus problemas en bicicleta . Olvid? que estabas en Espa?a y le dec?a a tomar su bicicleta a los distribuidores a ser examinado por la garant?a y el uso de uno de los suyos para el d?a sin tener que preocuparse acerca de c?mo obtener la sal en la bicicleta.
En Escocia y gran parte del Reino Unido hay sal en todo el camino , ya que es menos grados cent?grados en el momento.
Su fallo el?ctrico ser? muy menor , estoy muy seguro.

Tenga cuidado JimmyMac

Great news that you found the problem and it was nothing too serious. While I was playing with mine when it was new, the way I do, looking to see where everything was and how it all hangs together, I found the battery terminals on mine weren't what I'd call tight either.

Hi all,
Same thing happened to me today while out with the lads at great piss take!!! Luckily with a bit of shacking and puling of wires and banging of the the bike we go electrics back. The prob is that there are no tools for the bike and none of the lads had any torx in there's to get into anything. Fixed when got home as was a lose neg terminal on the battery
Dose anyone know of good kit you can buy with torx to put under the hump?

Thanks Dean

Hi all,
Same thing happened to me today while out with the lads at great piss take!!! Luckily with a bit of shacking and puling of wires and banging of the the bike we go electrics back. The prob is that there are no tools for the bike and none of the lads had any torx in there's to get into anything. Fixed when got home as was a lose neg terminal on the battery
Dose anyone know of good kit you can buy with torx to put under the hump?

Thanks Dean

Look on eBay for a "Torx T25 "L" shape key" and tape it to the underside of the pillion seat hump - they are ?2.95 each inc delivery. My Gen 3 standard pillion seat has one attached beneath.
Alternatively for touring I carry a Bahco SL25 1/4" tool kit which has sockets from 4-13mm, Torx, screw and hex bits and weighs about 500 gms and physical dimensions on the web page

Last edited:
Look on eBay for a "Torx T25 "L" shape key" and tape it to the underside of the pillion seat hump - they are ?2.95 each inc delivery. My Gen 3 standard pillion seat has one attached beneath.
Alternatively for touring I carry a Bahco SL25 1/4" tool kit which has sockets from 4-13mm, Torx, screw and hex bits and weighs about 500 gms and physical dimensions on the web page

Ye that's where mine is lol I also got set hump with mine and leave that on, time to move it across.

Dean

Back