small number plates

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybob

Reaction score
what are peoples thoughts on small number plates
just bought a 7" by5" it does look a bit small
had a smaller one on my last bike it must of been a 8" by 6"

Personally I wouldn't fit a small plate as not to attract a pull by plod, but looks better than the standard dinner plate.

Seen small plates and seen really small plates.........amazing :-X

7x5 every time for me mate, been pulled and never had anything said, 6x4's were a different story. But that was back a few years when they had a crack down on them.

8x6 here

had a 7x5 and never got in trouble but wouldnt risk it now i've switched to sportsbikes.

I have 8x6 I've had the very small ones before and been pulled with them.
So long as its readable from distance the cops round here are not that bothered. ::)

The one that came new on mine was and still is fantastic! Looks really nice how it's been cut around the bottom,even the dealer said 'your goona take that off arn't you?' I said no chance looks good! And police round here will pull you up for the small plates.

I used to have small plates on a few bikes but got fined a couple of times, this helped me to see the errors of my ways and now ride around with the sail on the back. I treat it as an Aid to help me save on brake pad wear ;D

If your letter are the right size what's the problem
They'd start to look at my exhaust do I don't bother

Got no choice down here, plod even get the rulers out to check the spacing is correct :mad:
Been given a prohibition notice on 3 week old bike before now ::) the dealer thought i was taking the piss when i rang up for a MOT! :)
Lesson learned never agree to a free safety check from a plod check point.( the buggers had a VOSSA inspector in the back of the car :-[)

Latest posts

Back