Quickshifter/blipper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right guys n gals , have found out costs for this and its gonna hurt .
?1645+vat +fitting .
They reckon two days 16 hours labour .
I want it but no way for that money .

Wowzers...and that's "just" the bump and blip version right!?

I think the HM QUICKSHIFTER PLUS SS will be the furthest I take things...one day...maybe...

Look on eBay there is a quick shifter that works both up and down for ?550 , and it plugs and play ,you can get it for the new r1 and the s1000rr 10/14

Yes Alex 'just' the bump n blip , I had a grand in mind , might of gone 1500 but that price is ridiculous , I'm sure it's good quality and all but I can't justify 2.5k for what will be the ability to down shift clutchless. I think their market is WSB and TT .
Good luck to them .

Yes Alex 'just' the bump n blip , I had a grand in mind , might of gone 1500 but that price is ridiculous , I'm sure it's good quality and all but I can't justify 2.5k for what will be the ability to down shift clutchless. I think their market is WSB and TT .
Good luck to them .

Guys, had some correspondence with Roy the MD at Pro-shift. I mentioned the price being a bit on the top side of what I was thinking (just being honest) and he did take the time to explain (I hope Roy doesnt mind me quoting him):

"Yes I can understand that it may be deemed a little expensive however we are a small British company and everything we do is developed and built in house we do and will not use cheap overseas manufacturing as I feel quality and longevity is the key, so we try to build all of our products using the best available materials and components, I am an IOM TT Sidecar racer and believe me if it can fail then the TT will make it fail so it is a great testing ground for us. You will I’m sure understand that BMW do not like us messing with their electronics and it takes a long time to get on top of them so clearly this affects build costs and of course we have been making DBS (Downshift Blipping Systems) for superbike for a lot longer than BMW and others and I am certain that operating a blipper (pre gearbox loading as we do) is the best way, BMW and the rest use a load cell and this is a bad idea because the gearbox dogs are already loaded before the “blip” can unload them, this is why we use a proximity sensor so the “blip” trigger point can be adjusted to avoid gearbox wear and give the desired seamless clutchless downshifts."

Now we can each take an opinion on what is 'value of money' and what is 'cheap' but I like what he says. There are significant differences between technologies and workmanship which is reflected in the price. With my bike I would be very reluctant to have a 3rd party blipper fitted that might either fail or screw the gearbox, as that could lead to far worse consequences than just a hardware failure. IOM pedigree is not to be sniffed at.

Having said all that, I'm ok with using my clutch lever to downshift and spending the savings on sex, drugs and rock n roll.

If we had a handful of members wanting to get this mod (I would be up for it once my kidney has sold on ebay) then there is a deal to be had, but it's still going to be north of ?2k including the VAT as things are currently.

Thanks for doing some ground work - it's clever kit for sure, I understand their costs. But it's a luxury item.

Guys, had some correspondence with Roy the MD at Pro-shift. I mentioned the price being a bit on the top side of what I was thinking (just being honest) and he did take the time to explain (I hope Roy doesnt mind me quoting him):

"Yes I can understand that it may be deemed a little expensive however we are a small British company and everything we do is developed and built in house we do and will not use cheap overseas manufacturing as I feel quality and longevity is the key, so we try to build all of our products using the best available materials and components, I am an IOM TT Sidecar racer and believe me if it can fail then the TT will make it fail so it is a great testing ground for us. You will I’m sure understand that BMW do not like us messing with their electronics and it takes a long time to get on top of them so clearly this affects build costs and of course we have been making DBS (Downshift Blipping Systems) for superbike for a lot longer than BMW and others and I am certain that operating a blipper (pre gearbox loading as we do) is the best way, BMW and the rest use a load cell and this is a bad idea because the gearbox dogs are already loaded before the “blip” can unload them, this is why we use a proximity sensor so the “blip” trigger point can be adjusted to avoid gearbox wear and give the desired seamless clutchless downshifts."

Now we can each take an opinion on what is 'value of money' and what is 'cheap' but I like what he says. There are significant differences between technologies and workmanship which is reflected in the price. With my bike I would be very reluctant to have a 3rd party blipper fitted that might either fail or screw the gearbox, as that could lead to far worse consequences than just a hardware failure. IOM pedigree is not to be sniffed at.

Having said all that, I'm ok with using my clutch lever to downshift and spending the savings on sex, drugs and rock n roll.

If we had a handful of members wanting to get this mod (I would be up for it once my kidney has sold on ebay) then there is a deal to be had, but it's still going to be north of ?2k including the VAT as things are currently.

Whilst I understand what is being said, I can't get my head around the fact that BMW (or any other manufacturer as it happens) have millions invested in their product and draw on infinite knowledge and technology (including top class racers) then someone comes along in 5 mins (figuratively speaking) and can produce a better product?

Fair point, not one I disagree with at all.

I think its a question of purpose and degrees of achievement, not so much R&D clout. Are BMW trying to develop the best blipper for road and circuit racing or a blipper that can be produced within the economic tolerances of their bikes?

To be honest with you guys i love my HP4 its mint and for me the only thing that was missing was the blipper, I done some homework on proshift and there a great company if you talked to them they really know what they are doing they hav'nt just sprung out of nowhere and started fitting blippers to bikes they have been around a while, For me i am glad i got mine done, Can you imagine buying a cheap blipper from abroad and your gearbox goes pop, The first thing you will say is i wish i bought a proper one, After all you work hard for the money so spend it on your bike instead of drink and cigs lol

Anybody have information as to whether the fitment of this would invalidate bike warranty.

Last edited:
Did anyone end up going the Alpha Racing or IRC blipper route?

Side by side the control boxes looks the same, but one has the Alpha sticker
- Harnessing looks the same
- Connections look the same
- Programming instructions look the same
- QS strain gauge sensor looks exactly the same

Aplha: €899
IRC: €699

Does anyone know if they are in fact the same unit (rebranded) or whether Alpha modify the code?

Latest posts

Back