Luggage carrying capability for the S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonOrsborn

Reaction score
Finally got it sorted. Had been on the lookout for a second cheap rear pillion seat on eBay but they seemed to be changing hands for silly money. Managed to pick one up this week for ?20 - virtually new so seemed a shame to be cutting it up.

Here's a few pictures of the fit. I had the same setup on my old gixxer and it worked extremely well.

23717870102_32f7af421a_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

23530571890_1ee1185a59_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

23743785511_c905119774_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

23743786151_364ddc9d7e_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

23199459403_0da756beb2_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

23826260255_66a58d5338_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Like the silencer - looks lightweight, but is back pressure not an issue? :) Ahem

Great work on the top box - looks sturdy and stable. Would it prevent the use of non-ventura (bracket mounted) soft saddle bags?

Exhaust is Two Brothers. Cut the cat off recently as well and fitted Danmoto link pipe. Proper loud but nice and smooth. Have thought about the Hilltop remap but not sure whether it's really worth as I don't race, just occasional track days. K&N filter fitted & running super unleaded which is surprisingly more economical than standard unleaded so worth the 5p a litre extra for sure.

I expect saddle bags would go on but I wanted to keep a fast aero set up. The top box sits directly behind the rider rather than hanging out the back on a bracket so little influenced by air flow. Bit of a hop and a skip to get on it.

Exhaust is Two Brothers. Cut the cat off recently as well and fitted Danmoto link pipe. Proper loud but nice and smooth. Have thought about the Hilltop remap but not sure whether it's really worth as I don't race, just occasional track days. K&N filter fitted & running super unleaded which is surprisingly more economical than standard unleaded so worth the 5p a litre extra for sure.

I expect saddle bags would go on but I wanted to keep a fast aero set up. The top box sits directly behind the rider rather than hanging out the back on a bracket so little influenced by air flow. Bit of a hop and a skip to get on it.

I was laughing at the plastic bottle... (if you have to explain a joke it was rubbish /gets coat).

Ah!!!! I see. It's actually a semi-skimmed 4-pinter container for when it gets backed in against the wall. Also got yogurt pots for bar end protection and Utterly Butterly cartons for the mirrors. Been going through a few sets recently as I keep forgetting to remove them all before I head out for a ride.

Back