Bye bye RR....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipperfish

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
A car turned right across me last week, slammed on the anchors but still hit the side of the car with some force... just go the parts (so no labour) estimate from the dealers.... ?11,250 (2015 RR, bought in April).
Pretty sure that it'll be a write-off with that parts bill, especially as it will then be at least ?3k for labour.

Nothing stood out at the NEC compared to the RR, so looks like I'll have to settle for a different colour... now to fight with the 3rd party insurers, although I have to count myself lucky as the driver has admitted liability and I've only got a sore knee and shoulder, could have been a lot worse.

If the bike is 'that' badly damaged then it sounds like you've had a lucky/skillful escape from a much more serious situation.
I still don't get this turning across the road not seeing the bike business...just how do you do it?
Very glad you were not in this situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2xStb0R-c

Bikes can be replaced. Winter is here...be safe everyone.

A car turned right across me last week, slammed on the anchors but still hit the side of the car with some force... just go the parts (so no labour) estimate from the dealers.... ?11,250 (2015 RR, bought in April).
Pretty sure that it'll be a write-off with that parts bill, especially as it will then be at least ?3k for labour.

Nothing stood out at the NEC compared to the RR, so looks like I'll have to settle for a different colour... now to fight with the 3rd party insurers, although I have to count myself lucky as the driver has admitted liability and I've only got a sore knee and shoulder, could have been a lot worse.

Glad you're ok , hope you get sorted out with the insurance. Might be worthwhile buying it back if it's cheap enough then breaking it.

Might be worthwhile buying it back if it's cheap enough then breaking it.

That's what I was advised, but unless the 3rd party insurers are feeling extra generous with it being Christmas, I don't think that I'll have the cash to buy a new RR and buy my old one back to break :(

If the bike is 'that' badly damaged then it sounds like you've had a lucky/skillful escape from a much more serious situation.
I still don't get this turning across the road not seeing the bike business...just how do you do it?
Very glad you were not in this situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2xStb0R-c

Bikes can be replaced. Winter is here...be safe everyone.

I chatted to David quite a few times on the RGV forum about bikes and going down south pole so was a bit of a shock when he stop appearing on the the forum and then his family contacted the forum.
Bikes can be replaced as I have found out after the track day but good to hear your all in one piece.

Dean

Back