NEEE NAAWWW NEEE NAAAW....(shit !) "can I have a wee look at that Camera Son"

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEEE NAAWWW NEEE NAAAW....(shit !) "can I have a wee look at that Camera Son"

If you're pulled for speeding and the video footage doesn't show your speedo, can they use landmarks to calculate your speed like telegraph posts for instance? Surely even having a speedo on show would need to be calibrated and proving it is/isn't would be difficult?

Re: NEEE NAAWWW NEEE NAAAW....(shit !) "can I have a wee look at that Camera Son"

If you're pulled for speeding and the video footage doesn't show your speedo, can they use landmarks to calculate your speed like telegraph posts for instance? Surely even having a speedo on show would need to be calibrated and proving it is/isn't would be difficult?

If you are pulled for speeding the Police video will show all that is needed for a prosecution, there is only ONE surefire way not to get caught speeding, but I won't bore you with the answer.

JimmyMac

Well lads. 6 points and a 300 fine... The PF and his brief struck a deal... The Sheriff (female) was actually bang on... I have faith in our system...

The implications of a ban were life changing as he's a taxi driver and his Mrs doesn't drive..... It is food for thought.... Girl from Nottingham was up before him and she slapped 6 pts on her ...she had 9 on her licence....so instant ban... Her C2 10R won't be getting used till at least July....

Anyhow all is well.... Lesson learnt.... Easy on the straights hard on the corners.... After all that's where the fun is

Hi JimmyMac.
I believe I saw you (several times) at the TT this year. I believe your number plate is:-- (let's just say it's very fitting for the bike?).
You going again next year?

bloody hell that's lucky mate , he must have had a good lawyer! , obviously his circumstances went in his favour, fair play, I represented my self no way a was paying a scumbag lawyer 1000 quid to go to oban. mabey I should have as I got pumped , mind you I can still rack up 12 points.....

Well lads. 6 points and a 300 fine... The PF and his brief struck a deal... The Sheriff (female) was actually bang on... I have faith in our system...

The implications of a ban were life changing as he's a taxi driver and his Mrs doesn't drive..... It is food for thought.... Girl from Nottingham was up before him and she slapped 6 pts on her ...she had 9 on her licence....so instant ban... Her C2 10R won't be getting used till at least July....

Anyhow all is well.... Lesson learnt.... Easy on the straights hard on the corners.... After all that's where the fun is

I don't know what the laws are like in those foreign lands you speak of :) but here in England I was always of the understanding that a ban would be waived if the defendant could not work without their licence - maybe something to do with human rights and the EU? 20 years ago my boss at the time got caught doing 112 on a motorway and was let off a ban for that reason. Maybe someone with the knowledge can advise?

I don't know what the laws are like in those foreign lands you speak of :) but here in England I was always of the understanding that a ban would be waived if the defendant could not work without their licence - maybe something to do with human rights and the EU? 20 years ago my boss at the time got caught doing 112 on a motorway and was let off a ban for that reason. Maybe someone with the knowledge can advise?

Not sure Soofsayer.... however I will look into it...ive a good friend whos a sergeant in traffic ill ask her...interesting question

bloody hell that's lucky mate , he must have had a good lawyer! , obviously his circumstances went in his favour, fair play, I represented my self no way a was paying a scumbag lawyer 1000 quid to go to oban. mabey I should have as I got pumped , mind you I can still rack up 12 points.....

Im no sure Davy he struck a deal with the PF advised him to plead to 100mph likely no ban... but no gtee.... so he went for it and thats what happened..he was shitting himself...but worked out just dandy

sound Stuart, exellent result for him, I think soofs right if a ban will affect you life in a negative way ie work financial, they have more discretion.

Lucky boy!

You can only mitigate a ban if if will bring exceptional hardship not only on yourself but others!

Ok, I just spoke to a good friend of mine there... ex traffic, his Mrs is still with Traffic. I'll try keep this as concise as I can...

The sentence is ALWAYS related and assessed on the offence... EG.... DD or Drug Driving... Mandatory ban..no if's or buts.

Speeding under totting up can always be considered leniently if as Soof says job related... let's say a heavy mobile crane operator, gets a 3 pointer for parking the machine over some yellow lines or whatever, say he has 9 points, another 3 will trigger a ban (Normally), BUT if his previous offences are a mixture of minors and his licence is crucial for income then LIKELY he will get away with a boot in the balls.

Using the same guy and more SERIOUS previous convictions and the NEW SP30, the Sherriff and PF would likely take into consideration the guys position, for this exercise we assume he is S/E, 200k rig that costs him ?4000 a month to finance, only earner in the house hold and his only method of income etc etc etc.....then HOPEFULLY he will get a boot in the balls, but it depends on THE OFFENCE, if he was all over the shop, overtaking cars, crossing double whites, jumping cars at corners... really quite carelss in his manner then the PF may be inclined to not listen to a plea, after all the guy should know better if his job is driving related...

In my mates case.... taxi Driver, only earner in house a ban in any shape or form would have him instantly unemployed and no car to go to an alternative job... PLUS he has to have a CLEAN licence for 12 months and THEN reapply for his taxi badge...thems the rules up here as far as the taxi licensing board goes....

So it's all relevent.... and everything in due course will be taken into account... quite fair really when you think of it, and certainly a fair outcome for my pal...

If you google... there's numerous reports of drivers out there with over 30 points and some with in excess of 40...

As I've said, screw the nut on the straights and get your fun on the bends...

Oops double posted that there

Last edited:

Haha i just reread my post... you can imagine this geezer going mental in a 36 ton crane... overtaking... blind bends etc...

I meant on his imaginary bike.... done to much acid when i was younger.... i think

Last edited:

Did hear a story of someone taking out the micro sd card after being stopped by plod and swallowing it!!!

Haha. Good footage gone ! Or a Trainspotting toilet moment to retreive

Well i reckon i won a watch HD2 Cam 1080 on ebay plus 2 new batts.. completely unused got it for 65 plus 7 pnp...normally 180ish.. delighted

Last edited:

Well i reckon i won a watch HD2 Cam 1080 on ebay plus 2 new batts.. completely unused got it for 65 plus 7 pnp...normally 180ish.. delighted

Hope the SD card hadn?t been retrieved from a toilet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back