What Cam

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the P-clip mount it doesn't like bumps in the road does it!

But it's perfectly adequate for what you want from it :)

I didnt think the vibes were too bad. The noise of the engine is bloody awful though, talk about a tractor. Just dont hear it like that on the bike.

I hadn't seen the footage of any of it until earlier before I put it up. TBH I think the mounting position sucks, it needs to be more central as it looks like I'm about to ride into the roundabout when the bike was a few feet out from it. Also I have found that the camera has not been recording everything all the time. On the way back from Manchester this lunchtime I was stuck behind a nob in a new RS6 Avant in the full black drug dealer pimp spec, sat in the outside lane doing between 60 and 70 with no traffic. I was thinking it would be amusing to put up as he clearly has small dick syndrome, but the camera wasn't recording. it might be the accessory socket on the bike turning off from too much draw (I had grips on full heat) but I am popping into Southport BMW tomorrow so going to ask them about another wiring option.....

Not the vibes...I meant the pothole crashes...and yeah I decided to not take a cheap shot at the engine noise! :)

Is there no light to say it's running?

Yeah there are flashing leds in the front lense to show its working, chocolate teapot..... Think Santa is going to be getting a letter.

You have the best bike. Just buy the best camera ffs.

I bought another camera great deal of eb... 78 sheets just opened it up there... real quality.. solid wee cam.. wifi to your phone... excellent range of hi grade fittings... just waiting on this chinky seat cowel ... ill get working on mounting it when it arrives..

ForumRunner_20160306_232508.jpg

ForumRunner_20160306_232538.jpg

ForumRunner_20160306_232556.jpg

stu's phone

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160306_232351.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160306_232351.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20160306_232530.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160306_232530.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 52
  • ForumRunner_20160306_232546.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160306_232546.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 52
So im going to buy a gopro because i want to have a 'Gyrocam' setup. Im just undecided as to witch model to go for.

Ive narrowed it down to either the Hero 3+ silver or black. The Black comes with a remote but i dont need that. It also records in much higher res but I dont see the point of going over 1080 at the moment. They both record 1080p at 60fps so I cant see the point of paying for features i wont use? Also, apparently the silver will record for 2hrs15 on 1080 @ 60 but the black only lasts 1hr30.

Can anyone give me a reason not to go for the silver?

So im going to buy a gopro because i want to have a 'Gyrocam' setup. Im just undecided as to witch model to go for.

Ive narrowed it down to either the Hero 3+ silver or black. The Black comes with a remote but i dont need that. It also records in much higher res but I dont see the point of going over 1080 at the moment. They both record 1080p at 60fps so I cant see the point of paying for features i wont use? Also, apparently the silver will record for 2hrs15 on 1080 @ 60 but the black only lasts 1hr30.

i've got the 4 black with gyrocam. I will post some video this weekend hopefully.

Is it worth getting a DigiTek cable from the battery to power a black/silver for longer? I can't see that you need a black - unless you want to be future proofed.

Last edited:
Is it worth getting a DigiTek cable from the battery to power a black/silver for longer? I can't see that you need a black - unless you want to be future proofed.

Yea i think im going to get this cable from ebay

But I will also be using it for work to record road tests so a longer battery would help with that

I run 960/48 on my cams as I don't think you need the definition on a track day/dash cam. Saves space, uploading and processing

- Sent from Mobile Device

Don't know if any of you guys are interested but I am selling my gopro hero4 silver complete with 32 gb memory, only used a couple of times. pm me if anyones interested.

Back