S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Had my 12.5k service done on the S1k today. Made me realise I've covered over 100k on bikes since 2009. Anyone else had more enjoyment than me?

Think I must be roughly the same GixxerChuck.

Have ridden in 19 different countries in the last 12 months, mostly on a GS Adventure.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I've probably done 100k miles since I was 16(!), although while we're sticking up GS Adventure pics me and Mrs Mac did 2000 miles on a trip to the French Alps on our GSA a couple of weeks ago. I love my S1000 but there's no way I do that trip two up with luggage!! For those of you who haven't ridden a GSA, they really are bloody good and can still hussle around mountain bends although Mrs M didn't appreciate me trying to get the panniers down...:sneakiness: Anyway here's a pic to encourage you all to get touring!

Stunning, must have been a great trip. Is this something you have done a few times before?

No, I rode to the Le Mans 24 hrs a few years ago and I've travelled a fair bit but not on the bike, so the chance to stay in a friends ski lodge near Chamonix was the perfect excuse to load up and get going. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, highly recommended :courage:

Took my 2012 S1000RR to a friends wedding in Poland 3 years back, here it is at the top of the Stelvio pass. It was surprisingly comfortable to tour on, took the long way there and back, LOL.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Nice view MacRR, life is made for days like that.

Loupe, don't let the weather hold you back, Ive got an ace picture of my HP4 ice skating near Glenshee last winter.

Keep racking up the miles guys, surprising things happen when you travel.

Believe it or not took my wife to Egypt last week to see the pyramids and met the Archbishop of Canterbury on the flight to Cairo.

JimmyMac

Back