New light units

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Chinese head lights?
I know it's sacrilege but just curious. Both are stone chipped and I have to replace the dipped unit as it's cracked. Might as well get matching new, it makes no sense to pay silly amounts for OEM if there is a good alternative.

So is it a good alternative.
I note in the comments they say they are flat focussed and not UK left. But that they will pass MOT's.

Advice?

2nd'ly I've seen the smoked tail units with the integrated indicators etc. Anyone found just the smoked replacement plastic? I don't need the integrated LED part I just want to swap the clear cover with the smoked one.

Ta

2nd'ly I've seen the smoked tail units with the integrated indicators etc. Anyone found just the smoked replacement plastic? I don't need the integrated LED part I just want to swap the clear cover with the smoked one.

Thought they were 1 piece sealed units?

Last edited:
Im with you Bananaman, the OEM ones are sealed and are impossible to separate without destroying the light, the integrated ones that I have purchased have also been sealed by use of a black mastic type compound that is also just as impossible to open.

JimmyMac

Ok if using the whole unit. Can you use them without connecting up the indicator part? (If I wanted to)

Yeah i figure they are seperate so I don't have to... Wondered if JimmyMac could confirm.

Back to the headlights. Part no. 63128527552
Can anyone confirm if the headlights are universal or 'sided'.
I ask as a guy in germany is selling the part number above that matches what I removed from my UK model. Do UK and DE parts match?

BMW OEM Part Numbers

You will be able to check the BMW part numbers by using the website linked below. All European market OEM part numbers are the same.

http://www.realoem.com

Ahh I went back to the part listings as suggested and this time noted; "Only one version for LHD/RHD and USA (SAE)"

That's that sorted.

I kinda wish they'd made cooler versions for the HP4 which I could get instead...

Back