integrated tail light

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ubik

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted before but I did look and couldn't find any answers so here goes

I'm going to fit an integrated tail light so I emailed motodynamic.com to see if they have a sequential integrated tail light ( one that flashes towards the side your turning like the new ford mondeo ) and they have said :

[FONT=&quot]Hello Alex,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are currently developing the S1000RR tail lights, but we need to figure a way to get around the BMW computer on the bike. It can detect if it has a non-OEM tail light installed and throw an error code on the dash. if you follow our facebook page we will update it with any new product development and release dates[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.facebook.com/MotodynamicUSA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Harry

So has anyone tried an [/FONT]integrated tail light either a cheap Chinese one or any others ? did you get an error code ?[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Hi Ubik, I have had two fitted for two years and neither threw up any error codes. I bought them from eBay from a company called Turner-X-Factory. They claim to be in Canada but the lights are shipped from China or Taiwan. The reason I had to fit the second one is that a stone cracked the first after a year of riding.
I would buy another from them in a heartbeat if i broke the one I have now. Tidy's the back end up fantastically.
They cost me ?75 delivered in about 10 days. No extra resistors required just crimp in two wires and plug in.

JimmyMac

Back